onX PHone Preference

LostArra

WKR
In the very near future I plan on getting a new phone and wanted to know if there are some phones that seem to work better or worse with onX Hunt app? (I have not used onX at this point because my present phone has a GPS accuracy of maybe 50 miles, hence the reason or one of the reasons, for a new phone).

Android vs iOS differences?

Thanks

oopslala

FNG
I use it quite a bit with my iPhone 5s while shed hunting and it will get me within 50 feet of a waypoint consistently, usually closer.

Upgrading to the 7 tomorrow so hopefully that doesn’t change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used it with two android phones and it and fine. If you're using a recent iteration of either android or iOS and they have decent GPS you should be fine.

I wouldn't let onx guide my phone decision.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
L

LostArra

WKR
I use it quite a bit with my iPhone 5s while shed hunting and it will get me within 50 feet of a waypoint consistently, usually closer.

Upgrading to the 7 tomorrow so hopefully that doesn’t change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks: keep me posted on your upgrade. Going on my experience, you made a smart move by skipping the iPhone 6.

OP
L

LostArra

WKR
I've used it with two android phones and it and fine. If you're using a recent iteration of either android or iOS and they have decent GPS you should be fine.

I wouldn't let onx guide my phone decision.

onX definitely won't be the determining factor but I just wanted to make sure there were no known bugs with some phones. I don't ask a lot from a phone but what I do ask of it I would like to work which is not the case at the present time.

onX definitely won't be the determining factor but I just wanted to make sure there were no known bugs with some phones. I don't ask a lot from a phone but what I do ask of it I would like to work which is not the case at the present time.
I hear you. I'm not aware of any bugs. I run a galaxy s9+ and ran it before on an s6.

wapitibob

WKR
I use it one an iphone5 and a wifi only G3. Both work fine. Onx does not write to an sd card unless you root the phone so beware of that.

Wassid82

WKR
I’ve used it with an iPhone 7 this elk season and it was fantastic. I had consistent waypoints with in 5-10 ft. Now switching to the iPhone X and hoping for similar results

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I run a iPhone 7 Plus and it works great!!! I usually save my maps and area the week before I go up and hunt if i don't have any service but it works very well for my I phone. I am a huge fan of on x and it has gotten me some great places to hunt and fish that I was able to get access on.

iPhone 8 Plus and works great!

Thankful for a second chance!

Elite Energy 35
Easton Axis 300 Pros

It works great with my Iphone SE. I absolutely love the app. One of the best hunting related purchases I've made.

bulzeye11

FNG
i've been using mine on my old backup phone a Samsung Galaxy S5 active for the last couple of years. I like using it because it has a replaceable battery.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
not that you'd buy an iPhone 6, but that's what I've ran my onX on and was good for software performance, battery not too good as the iPhone 6 not known for great battery.

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
I run it on my Galaxy S8 and haven't had any problems yet with the app itself, however if using it a lot during a trip it eats away at your battery % pretty quick, so if you plan on using it for more than a day of hunting I would suggest to also get a Mophie or Goal Zero portable phone charger to keep your phone working longer.