OnX freezing on GPS 64s

Hello Roksliders,

I've been having troubles with my Idaho hunt chip in my GPS map 64s. When I go to delete the current track, the screen freezes on me. This has happened every time I've tried to delete the track. Last hunt I just left the GPS in the truck and used the app on my phone.

Does anyone have any tips on deleting the track? When I put a regular top map chip in there, it allows me to delete a current track without any hiccups.

Thanks for the help.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Sounds like the gps is trying to write to the sd card and the Onx card is probably set to read only.

Here's a question......I've never pulled my card to test it, but with the OnX chip in a GPS does it normally save waypoints to the GPS memory or or onto the chip?

colersu22

WKR
Sorry I can’t help you but I have never had a problem with the onxmaps chip in my gps62 or my rino 650, onxmaps customer service is really good though so I would send them an email and they might be able to help troubleshoot it.

wapitibob

WKR
Default on my GPS was the internal memory and when looking I could not find a way to change that.
Seems odd changing the sd card would affect anything unless the gps is trying to write to it. Under normal circumstances the gps loads the user data by reading the Garmin/"subfolders" from internal memory then does the same from the sd card if that card has a Garmin root folder.
First thing I would do is plug the garmin into my pc and look at the file structure that pops up. There should be a "gps drive" and another drive that relates to the sd card. The map chip, should have a Garmin folder with one file in it; the .img map file. If you want your user data on the sd card, which I though was safer, you can just move the files from the Garmin internal memory folders to the sd cards corresponding folders. You would need to create those folders on the sd card as I don't believe they are set up by onX.

Last edited: