Best cell trail camera system

aboss014

FNG
I'm tired of going to my cameras to change batteries or sd cards and bumping deer. Time to make the jump with technology. Cuddeback cuddelink, wildgame innovation, Spartan cam....might be missing another notable system but what has been the experience for some of you?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
My buddy uses Moultrie and hadn't had any problems.

You need to make sure whatever you pick works on 4G network. S lot of them are still using 3G and that is going away.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
I currently use the cuddylinks and they have been great. 16 cameras in which all pictures flow to 1 home camera. Great resolution as well. They did come out with a cellular option which is affordable per month. For me they are great for swamps and ridges, don’t have to bump them out of their bedding areas.

OP
A

aboss014

FNG
I currently use the cuddylinks and they have been great. 16 cameras in which all pictures flow to 1 home camera. Great resolution as well. They did come out with a cellular option which is affordable per month. For me they are great for swamps and ridges, don’t have to bump them out of their bedding areas.
They are pretty easy to set up to the home camera and wifi? Hearing issues with that. Still have to check the one SD card? How long after the picture is taken can you see the picture?

mrgreen

WKR
Which model?

I have 3 setups. If I remember correctly, any of the cameras since '15 will work. I have 2 M-40i cameras, I forget the other model. I had an issue with one of my cameras failing to take pics at night, Moultrie CS was able to see the solid black images on their server. They sent me a new camera and gave me two weeks to return the defective one. I was pretty happy about that.

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
They are pretty easy to set up to the home camera and wifi? Hearing issues with that. Still have to check the one SD card? How long after the picture is taken can you see the picture?

I would highly suggest reading the manual as they are not simple to link together. You have not put a label for each camera, ex 1, 2, 3, 4 and then set 1 camera as the home and the rest as remote so they flow to the home camera. The SD cards take up to 16GB. I don't have the wireless cameras so not sure how long after picture is taken to flow to email for wireless connection.

jfone

FNG
I have the Spypoint Link Evo verizon. Setup was a breeze as cell plan is through Spypoint. You get like 100 free pics per month, then plans start at like $10/month.

I bought the external Spypoint antenna as my land bounces between no signal and 2 bars with no g, lol. Pics send great in hardwoods with 1 bar! However despite the antenna, I can't get reception on my thicker part of woods.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fullfan

WKR
I was given 5 of the Cuddelink cameras to test. Was not impressed, they each take 12 AA battery's which will give you between 240-270 pics.

blasterak

FNG
I use the Stealth cam as noted above on AT&T. Works great overall, few quirks I worked out and definitely want to use lithium batts for longer battery life. $25 for 3 months 2gb data(hardly uses any as it uses an app). Use it at my propery along with some security cams as I work in a remote camp for two weeks at a time. Used it at a baitsite and it works great with very weak signal.

I have 3 Moultrie setups as well, over 2 years of use....between cords, cameras and batteries I have had very poor inherent reliability on the system and the customer service is very understaffed and takes a long time to get through.

Keep in mind I do have solar panels as well.....at any single time I am lucky if all three are working, 50/50 if it is one or two working. I had some cameras just after two years have issues with the USB port to the modem, I have had 5 cords have issues--no external evidence of damage. If they had the whole system inside of the camera I think a lot of the issues would be resolved except the customer service.

When they work they work well, but my farm is 3 hours away and I am not always able to go reset them and they might sit a month before I get to them if they have an issue.

Also, all my models are 3G and Moultrie has not presented a plan to change current customers over to the new 4G before it goes away. I have a lot of money tied up in the Moultrie systems so I am in a wait an hold to see if they will change me out with a modem or an all in one camera/cell device. (If they just upgrade me to a 4G modem I will probably just sell the equipment on classified because of my experience with it so far)

I have friends that have had Spartans for a couple of years now as well--nothing but great experience, camera pictures quality, camera quality and uptime, customer service, and they also already upgraded all of their customers devices to 4G already- free of charge or minimal charge, I cannot remember. The monthly service for both Cuddelink and Spartan is cheaper as well.

I would really hesitate to go in with Moultrie from the start again. I am at a bit of crossroads with "un-remarketable" equipment.