Newest onX feature: Wind & Weather

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
We’re proud to announce the arrival of our new free feature, Wind & Weather, in the onX Hunt App. Enjoy live weather reports, wind direction, sunrise / sunset times and barometric pressure—all curated within the onX Hunt App to keep everything you need in one convenient place. Ensure you have the most up to date version of the onX Hunt App to access this information, check out this link below on how to use the feature, and feel free to send us a message if you have any questions.

Hunting Weather & Wind Direction App Features Are Here - onX… | onX

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
onX, I jumped on that article you posted on wind & weather. I'm assuming that the feature won't work in Off Grid mode?

OP
onX Hunt

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
onX, I jumped on that article you posted on wind & weather. I'm assuming that the feature won't work in Off Grid mode?

Right now the app will cache the weather information from the last time that you were online.

rbljack

WKR
Great feature. Can you verify what I heard in a podcast the other day...is it possible to import Google Earth views into the ONX maps while on a computer and then save them for offline viewing while up on the mtn using my phone. If you don't want to siderail this topic about the weather, could you provide more details on whether or not its possible, and how in a separate posting? Thanks! I have used the ONX for two years now, and if you can get the same views as the google earth while incorporating all the great details that your layers include, its a home run! I read somewhere that I can import the waypoints, the lines, and the shapes,....but im more referring to the 3d features of the google earth view which help to clearly indicate elevation., draws, ridges, etc.

OP
onX Hunt

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Great feature. Can you verify what I heard in a podcast the other day...is it possible to import Google Earth views into the ONX maps while on a computer and then save them for offline viewing while up on the mtn using my phone. If you don't want to siderail this topic about the weather, could you provide more details on whether or not its possible, and how in a separate posting? Thanks! I have used the ONX for two years now, and if you can get the same views as the google earth while incorporating all the great details that your layers include, its a home run! I read somewhere that I can import the waypoints, the lines, and the shapes,....but im more referring to the 3d features of the google earth view which help to clearly indicate elevation., draws, ridges, etc.

At this time, we do not have the 3D imagery similar to Google Earth but that is a feature we are looking into. The only integration at this time is that ability to transfer waypoints, lines, etc from Google Earth into your onX account. Thanks for the input and feedback!

Wassid82

WKR
I’m excited to see how elk the feature works. This could be a major plus for me on hunts off grid

A nice addition BUT why would you locate another and any of the touch buttons/functions in the lower right corner or on the right side for that matter! I am right handed, like 90% of the world, and therefore use my right hand and fingers to zoom in/out and toggle map layers. I constantly hit the touch functions because of this stupid a$$ location. Ergonomically this makes no sense. Move them!!!!!!!!

awesome feature, its nice having one app to do everything. on x is the best. have used it in 4 different states in the last month looking for shed elk antlers