2018 Best Whitetail Photo Contest, sponsored by SITKA Gear

57ec890e862a7c953b43e7f9e898083b.jpg

Nov 7, 2018 Kansas archery whitetail.
He has some funky stuff going on with his main beam and one of his brow tines went up a 1/2” and then made a 4” 90 degree right turn towards the other brow.

Funky bucks get arrows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vanish

WKR
Welp, I got a whitetail last Friday, but can't compete in photography with TravisIN! Wow, what a shot! Heck of a buck, too!

Nebraska - Archery - Public Land - Still Hunting - Shot ~15-20 feet

uc

Last edited:

CDNPO

FNG
Well done guys (and gals), lots of great deer!

Rut is in full swing here, and despite hunting with 4 other guys at camp, this is the first buck I saw this year. We share tags though, so more on the way.

This one came in, nose to the ground in the swamp edge, trailing a doe that came by moments before. 90yds through the brush, quartering away at a slow pace. Went 5 yds and piled up.
604794d0fbbacb9830a186b970a0dc89.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
My MN Rifle Buck! It was hot after a group of does cruising through the swamp.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
My 2018 Ohio buck. I need to remember to take photos before I hang it to dress it out. I always get excited and skip that step. One of these days I'll remember.
3effcbf58011fd82ea3a45eb0051813a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
One picture per post please. Pic your best, delete the rest. Thanks

Last edited:

Osprey

Lil-Rokslider
dzSJ9mp.jpg

Illinois public land 11/9. Never stepped foot on this area before I arrived to hunt. Picked a spot out on a topo scouted my way in around 10am shot him around 3pm. Took the picture exactly as I found him.

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
How do I get my pic to upload in full size? It’s tiny when I tried uploading it the first time?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
There’s dozens of ways to upload and that many mistakes to be made too. All I can do is refer you back to the link in OP, #5

11/05/2018: Accomplished a long held goal of tagging an exceptional whitetail.
af17d5a06f5e3c8faa0740c0bb99f3d5.jpg

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
K7QM5as.jpg
[/IMG]

Tagged Out 11/09/18' on this beautiful Western, MT Mountain Whitetail. It took many many miles to turn up something of the class I was after. As I sat at my glassing point waiting for the morning fog to burn off as the sun crested the ridge I picked out four cow elk feeding high up on the opposite side of the drainage. With no legal bulls I watched as the cows fed up out of the drainage. With elk out of the picture I repositioned myself to get eyes on the lower portion of the drainage. Within a couple minutes I saw the silhouette of this buck bedded on the outside edge of the tree line. After getting a couple pictures of him through the spotting scope I positioned myself and waited 15mins (what felt like a life time) before he finally got up from his bed. When he rose from his bed I put my crosshairs on him, steadied my breathe, and hit him broadside at 350yds. This is my furthest rifle shot to date on a warrior of a buck which ended up having no teeth. I had my cousin along for the whole experience including with the pack out and I truly feel blessed to be able to hunt on public land making memories like this and always remind myself to never take it for granted.

Last edited:

BigWoods

WKR
Opening morning of New Hampshire's rifle season (11/14/18) found me on the track of a buck and a doe at 6:30 AM. It was 10degrees out with the wind whipping at 15mph on top of the 8-10" of snow from the day before. Followed the pair about 1.5 miles straight south paralleling the main forest road. Enjoyed watching a cow moose along the way. At about 7:45 I heard a snort that stopped me my tracks right before this guy came out running about 60 yards out in some hardwoods. It took the shot which connected a bit far back. 20 Minutes later I caught up and finished the job. Eastern count 8-Pointer weighing in at 213lbs dressed. By far my biggest deer to date.
I was fortunate that the He died about 400 yards uphill from the road, making a remarkably easy drag.
2yzlrbb.jpg

Last edited: