2018 Best Whitetail Photo Contest, sponsored by SITKA Gear

Sooner

Lil-Rokslider
5998778b5eff3a5d2ff8bf8e773a163c.jpg

Taken in Oklahoma November 18th. My number 1 target buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sturgeon

WKR
Taken Nov. 17th, opening day of WI rifle season. Conditions were pretty great this year.

buck18.jpg

Here is my entry and a short story. Had this deer on camera pretty routinely till the end of July. Then disappeared. Thought he would show back up in October but he never did. Gave up on him. Several deer have been poached off of the property and thought that was his fate. Possibly a car accident. He showed back up on camera on November 16 at lunchtime. I checked my cameras two days later and saw him, I almost lost my mind. I couldn't believe he was still around after this much time. Went out the next day and he came out tending does an hour before sunset. After the shot he ran approximately 80 yards. Watched to make sure he didn't move for 10 minutes and went to get the dog.

He is still young (almost 3 now) but I have been working him on blood trails last 2 years. He is mainly a duck dog but has been doing well with tracking. This was his 5th "recovery" this year. Of those five two were lost and I had received phone calls to see if I would be interested in bringing the dog out. Hope to keep working him and he is showing good promise with it. Need to thin does in the next couple weeks so I intend on putting him on a few more trails.

DSC_0028.jpg

Not a bad Virginia farmland deer.

And thanks to Sitka for sponsoring the contest and also to the rokslide community. I have really enjoyed the forum over the past year. Seems to be a good group of guys around here.

Tried editing to insert a picture from a host but I just can't figure a bunch of this computer stuff out. I'm way better at hands on things than any of this computer stuff. Did get a green b&c score of 164 3/8 gross. Net of a touch over 150".

Last edited:
This year was a bit of a struggle for me with a bow, but it couldn’t have turned out any better! After 34 days hunting and many many encounters it finally came together for me in Ohio on a nice split brow nine pointer. 15 yard heart shot put him down quickly. I snapped this pic while my son and I prepared to butcher him.
87f2cf7a698a49e3d4384bd4d9528f8f.jpg

Last edited:
MX0RG1N.jpg

My 2018 Nebraska rifle buck. Due to random circumstances, this was the first time my son saw a deer shot. Technically the second time as he watched grandpa shoot a different buck from the same draw about 3 minutes earlier. After that buck went down this one ran out the top and I was lucky to bring him down before he reached the top of the hill. I will tell the full story in a different thread later. It's awesome to have your kids along!

Awesome photos coming in, I love this thread!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Per the rules, only one pic per buck. Pick your best, delete the rest. Thanks.

We’ll be judging soon.

Grumman

WKR
757f7690e2e46e0e7baff16ca70804d2.jpg

My 10 year old’s second deer. After not getting a shot opportunity last year he was one happy little guy this time around.

Buck #2 for me. WV “run n gun” hunt to a spot I hadn’t hunted in a while. At 5:18 this nice eight came in to check the scrape I was set up over at 17 yards. The arrow hit its mark and he was dead in 15 yards!
e881203e34bd264e8be3f50243090c23.jpg