What Hang-on are you running?

Looking for suggestions on best hang on stand for long sits. I have sat in the Millenium M150 and honestly can't imagine anything more comfortable. I just joined a club in South Carolina that is really tailored for rifle hunting. I am looking for something that isn't necessarily run and gun but that would be fairly mobile so I could move it a handful of times across the season as I pattern these things a little bit. I think I have it narrowed down to the Millenium M150, XOP Vanish/Air Raid, or the Lone Wolf Alpha 2. Any help and first hand experience would be greatly appreciated.

LostArra

WKR
I’ve got a number of hang-ons some are better for quick set ups others for longer sits.

There is not a more comfortable stand to sit in than the Millenium. For me it does have a shortcoming for my style of bow hunting. To go from sitting to standing requires a lot of movement to get the seat folded up. I shoot my bow standing but if you can shoot a rifle seated it would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnOyster

WKR
I've got more than I can really think of right now, I get em from a farm store and cant remember the name of them, climbing sticks too, I buy the bigger strap on stands and I think they run around $60-$70 (cheap) i'm thinking I've got 12-16 of em.

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
For rifle hunting, I would go for the M150. Yes, it can be a little cumbersome to put the seat up and down, but it will be way more comfortable than the other ones you mentioned. I actually have a love/hate relationship with mine. My hate part is that I actually fall asleep in it because it is that comfortable. Its is a little heavy, but if you combine it with some Hawk Helium steps, you can get the set up around 30ish lbs depending on the number of sticks you use.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I love lockons for bow hunting, but can't stand them for rifle hunting. I prefer a climber while rifle hunting. I've had several lockons over the years, but currently use Millennium and Lone Wolf. I prefer the Lone Wolf over the Millennium by a long shot.

The Lone Wolf Alpha is a fantastic stand and I love it for its light weight, portability, and silence. The only problem is the comfort. It is fairly comfortable for a few hours or even an occasional all-day hunt with a hunt comfort seat cushion, but it can't compare to a sling-style seat like the Millenniums have. If you're not too concerned about weight and portability the Millenniums are the way to go.

Looking for suggestions on best hang on stand for long sits. I have sat in the Millenium M150 and honestly can't imagine anything more comfortable. I just joined a club in South Carolina that is really tailored for rifle hunting. I am looking for something that isn't necessarily run and gun but that would be fairly mobile so I could move it a handful of times across the season as I pattern these things a little bit. I think I have it narrowed down to the Millenium M150, XOP Vanish/Air Raid, or the Lone Wolf Alpha 2. Any help and first hand experience would be greatly appreciated.

I too hunt in SC as well as family land in AL. My suggestion would be to get a climber so you can truly be more mobile, or do what I’m doing, and start looking at saddle hunting. I have become very interested in this as it definitely appears to be much more comfortable than a hang on, as well as very light weight.

I would only do the hang on if you’re planning on leaving it in the same spot throughout the season (which I gather you aren’t). We have plenty of straight trees in SC so I think run and gun style with sticks and hang-ons is a bit too much work all things considered.

Im planning on getting into saddle hunting for SC public land once my elk hunt is over and the baby comes. Will definitely use on the family land as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 hawk helium kickback pros that are absolutely Cadillacs. They are super
Comfy but don't suit my style of hunting. Lil heavier than I need. If interested shoot me pm. I'm Looking to sell

MtnOyster

WKR
I think the stands I've got are Big Dogs, their cheap but when you put several up they can get pricey if stolen.

Climbers are a different story, I've got 2 summits and 1 API, the API is older but its my go to stand.

Brendan

WKR
I've gotten rid of every tree stand I own, including my Lone Wolf Hand Climber, except I am now down to:

Lone Wolf Alpha Hang On
Kestrel Kite Saddle
Hawk Helium Steps
Predator Saddle Platform (on the way)

Trying to simplify and not have so much crap to worry about.

KSP277

WKR
I’m slowly trying to switch all mine over to the nylon sling style seat. Seem to be WAY more comfortable to me. Picked a few up around Christmas that were field&stream brand for cheap. Under $50 I believe. Climbing sticks I get whatever is cheapest at rural king. Or when I can find em I snag onto old TV antenna towers. It’s super redneck but make a great ladder.

If money wasn’t a concern I’d have all millenniums.

On the property we hunt the 3 of us each have our own millennium lock on. We have about 15 stand locations with climbing sticks and a millennium receiver on the tree. We can move the stands from tree to tree and only had to buy one stand. It takes about 7 seconds to set the stand up in the receiver when we switch spots. I think the receivers are around $30 on amazon.

i was all set to by an assault but started digging into saddle hunting and am really intrigued. the idea of walking off into the woods with no stand and just a backpack and being able to get in any tree i want is hard to ignore. just wonder if my back could take it for even 6 hour sits.

DrHogfan

FNG
Another Lone Wolf user here. Hard to beat for being mobile and setting up on bedding areas after a >1mile hike back into public. If I were hunting private land with hang and leave setups, then I would go millennium route, but I hang and take down every sit, so weight is the biggest factor for me.