What do you use for a Bino Harness?

KUIU user here. Don't really need a pouch for stand hunting but I like the protection it provides since I just throw all my gear in an action packer. Once in the stand I just open it and leave open. I wear a rock climbing harness in lieu of traditional tree harness so I don't have any additional weight/bulk on my shoulders. Used to have a Badlands but the magnetic closure was too noisy and couldn't really leave that one open. I prefer a pouch style harness over a traditional strap or plain bino harness. Good luck

OP
T

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I placed an order for the FHF gear and Marsupial harnesses. I will have to check them both out and let you know which one I go with.

adamm88

WKR
I used a marsupial gear bino harness last year for whitetails, it was a game changer, alot better than just the elastic ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moose2367

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried a few, the old elastic straps, then a Badlands, then an S4 Gear, then a AGC original and upgraded to a KISS version with the bottom pocket, now i use a Paladin AMR, can have everything there for a day hunt, or take the back portion off and add the plain straps if wearing a pack.
It could do with a few mods or options but is the best i've used so far, some may not like all the storage but it is a great multi use item.
Home - Paladin Custom

Gsquared

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone using the Hill People Gear Recon Kit Bag? Thinking about experimenting with this and attaching the Kifaru Tombstone to the Pals webbing for my 10x42's on the front, more space than my AGC and can have pistol, as needed, close at hand. 10x42's fit perfect in the Tombstone.

Made a landyadd out of paracord braid, put one arm through and over my head... tuck the Binos up under my arm... helps keep rain and snow off them

*zap*

WKR
Made a landyadd out of paracord braid, put one arm through and over my head... tuck the Binos up under my arm... helps keep rain and snow off them

I carry the same way only I use a narrow adjustable strap with two small but secure clips, one on each end. E-Z to take the strap off if I want too. I might try a rich young harness, looks pretty bare bones....

Got some rick youngs on the way, this thread was very helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:

SoDaky

WKR
AGC occasionally but for most whitetail only hunts,whether to existing stand or hang n hunt outing,I carry them in my pack with xtra clothing etc then hang them somewhere handy in the tree or blind,as case may be.I don’t want the case in front when turning,twisting and/or shooting from trees.A nuisance and often in the way,noisy,etc.(especially when wearing a safety harness)

LostArra

WKR
Anyone use the neoprene rick young cover? Thoughts on that?

I've got one but don't use it.
I do use a Rick Young harness and love it. I've tried the chest pack harnesses but they just aren't for me. I don't need to carry anything on my chest except binoculars. If I happen to be hunting with my compound I can easily attach my range finder to the RY harness and it's out of the way but cargo pockets work just as well.

I don't baby any of my binoculars whether it's $200 or $2000. 99% of the time I hunt with them uncovered. If I know it's going to be raining or snowing I may just lengthen the RY harness and carry them under my arm or my favorite cover to keep the eye cups clear is a waterproof fleece "showercap" that slips over the binos. I think it's made by Crooked Horn, very simple and stays out of the way.

(The RY harness works just fine with a backpack)

darren820

FNG
I've been real happy with the Marsupial one. It has just enough pouches to put a few things you might need. It opens forward, which I wanted and is very compact. I had a Horn Hunter bino harness but the elastic in the straps let it hang down/ride up when sneaking etc. The Marsupial harness stays where you want it.

bnoble318

FNG
I use the hornhunter. Magnetic closure, opens forward, complete coverage for binos, and is compact. I like the rangefinder pouch, and I'll probably add the FHF phone pouch to the other side next year (will hold phone, external charger, spare rangefinder battery.

It may seem great to have all this stuff on your chest, but be careful with bow hunting. It may force you to change up your form...the string might hit it.