Ozone generators for clothing

OP
Whitetoptom

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
I posted this topic up in a couple different spots and have gotten a good bit of feedback. Science says that it works, butt do the pros outweigh the cons. Science also says that it could be detrimental to certain plastics, rubbers and textiles. I've seen that the many scent control products can work well if applied to clothing that is carefully prepared prior to a hunt. Science says that ozone reacts with most organic compounds that make up those odors that send game into the next county. I'm far from being a scientist but understand a great deal of things that I read and this stuff makes sense. I am really interested in the idea of being able to erase those organic compounds from my gear that continually bite me and a lot of other people in the hind end as we step into the woods.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
There was a thread on this yesterday.

Yes it works - ozone can kill odors and scent. Yes it can damage your gear - particularly rubber and elastics like you find in the wrist/cuff/waist of your gear. The trick is to treat just enough and not over-treat, but hard to say what that amount is.

Not worth it at all for elk/western/spot and stalk/active hunting, but if you're diligent about your regimen it can be helpful for whitetail / tree stand hunting where you go in clean and aren't dirty and sweating all the time. Not worth it unless you're going to treat all your gear and be really diligent about scent control across the board. Pack, all your gear, all your clothes, harness, ropes, clothes, cover your face, etc.

Sodbuster

WKR
My scent crusher wiped out the elastic on some under armour underwear by being zoned too long.
I have backed off on the time quite a bit. A little goes a long way.

young7.3

WKR
I have a cheap one (Whitetail R I think) that i put in my hunting closet and run it in the morning for about 20 minutes. Works good and doesn't damage clothing that does not contain rubber or elastics. Obviously don't treat rubber boots or similar.

anyone use one of those cheap ones that plugs into your car cigarette lighter? i keep myself and clothing pretty scent free during the year but then i feel like i'm picking up scents in my car.

also, another fellow SW Virginian here. Near Roanoke.