Texas Roksliders

My kids drew the Chaparral WMA either sex deer tags. Was curious if anyone on here has been there or has hunted it just had a couple of questions. Thanks

My kids drew the Chaparral WMA either sex deer tags. Was curious if anyone on here has been there or has hunted it just had a couple of questions. Thanks

Congrats! I just moved from Texas after 28 years. Most definitely not used to it yet lol. Have never hunted the Chap but have heard it is a great hunt. Check out Texasbowhunter.com and do a search. Should come up with some good info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krausejmk

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah a lot of good info on Texasbowhunter and multiple live hunt threads each year. Good luck. It’s an awesome place

jspradley

WKR
Congrats! TBH should have a thread on it, I know a few guys on there mentioned drawing it. I drew Laguna Atascosa this year again so I’m stoked for that, hopefully I can score a Nilgai!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on the draw! Lived there my whole life and have yet to ever draw any hunts in my home state in 18 years. Like said above, check out Texasbowhunter.com there are several threads about this year as well as years past I know for a fact. Good luck, there’s a chance at some truly big bucks there.

Haneydew

FNG
Hunted there in 98. Dec. Archery hunt. they will likely give you a compartment to hunt, which will have a few tower stands in it. They may take you too and from since it's a youth hunt. Probably going to be an early season hunt as well. The deer density is not that high but there are some Giants there. I saw two in the 4 day archery hunt that I could have easily shot with a rifle. My suggestion would be if they allow you to put corn out is to corn down a long stretch of a sendaro. They Criss cross most of the compartments. Brush in a good ground blind with a comfortable chair and have a good rest to shoot off. Good luck