Opinions please?

Ray P

FNG
This is my first year in 30 years targeting monster bucks. It has actually been rewarding watching deer and learning their behaviors. I have been absorbing as much info as i can get my hands on from websites like solarlunar tables, feeding charts and muliple podcasts from Dan to Jeff. Most recently I have become interested in the barometric pressure theories. We will have our first cool snap here in florida this saturday. According to my research, deer should be running crazy thru the woods with a rising pressure up to 30 inches and a falling temperature between 7 AM to 10 AM. However, both deer feeding times and moon overhead/underfoot theory are predicting different times. Do any of yall base time in the stand on any of these? Which is mor accurate and why? Im leaning towards barometric as that cant be predicted monthes in advance. Any other advice is welcomed! Thanks
Ray

LostArra

WKR
I'm sure solunar tables, moon phases, barometric pressure all have some loose association with deer movement (think Mark Twain and statistics) but I hunt deer whenever I have the opportunity and I make sure I have as much opportunity as possible during the first three weeks of November. Hormone levels trump all other deer movement factors. That said I really like to be in the woods when a cold front moves in or when rain showers are ending and I prefer to hunt all day although I may change stand location.

After last weekends hunt (90 degrees and full-on mosquito war) I really admire dedicated deer hunters living in Florida.
Good luck

Conroy

WKR
From what I have read and heard pressure changes cause the deer to move a little more. I know it effects fish as well. I personally haven't noticed a difference as I don't hunt based on pressure, but instead I look at wind direction, general weather and time of season. More often it comes down to when I can get out. I do however love to hunt when the weather changes from warm to cold quickly.

MtnOyster

WKR
I like being out there when a front is hours away from getting where I’m at, storms approaching usually means pressure is starting to drop and deer usually come out early ahead of it to feed, I’m betting hurricane Michael hours before it hit animals we’re moving like crazy, I think the weather channel said it was one of the lowest barometric pressure drops in history.

Btaylor

WKR
I am firmly of the opinion that weather trumps moon when weather is making a significant move in a positive direction such as rising barometer and 10 degree or greater temp drop early season or increase in late season. But I am going hunting when I can go, period.

drose

FNG
For all that commented, I would suggest everyone take a quick listen to a podcast called "GPS Tracking Deer Movement and When to Hunt Based on Weather" Might surprise you the conclusions that are made. Also check this out 10 Things We Know About Mature Buck Movements | QDMA
There have been numerous studies completed on deer movement and their habits. Bottom line is just get your boots on the ground and hunt. The more time out, the better opportunities

Btaylor

WKR
I am not ever reading anything from QDMA. Those jackwagons destroyed 10 lifetimes of habitat and hunting knowledge when they shut the forum down.