Lightweight climbing stick and stand options?

Btaylor

WKR
Still using a Loc On Windwalker and Muddy Pro Sticks.
Makes for a really light set up, but very small platform on the stand.

That windwalker a woodpecker drill and a set of bolts makes an awesome mobile setup. Just cant use it on any public ground that I am aware of anymore.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I put a gel seat on my LW and that solved the comfort of the seat issue for me. Millenium makes several stands that are sub 13lbs, not sure how light you are wanting OP. The M100u at 11lbs will probably have the best combination of light weight, platform size, and a super comfortable seat. Sticks are pretty much just whatever level of aggravation you are willing to endure lol.
My personal experience is XOP over Lone Wolf simply because the seat on LW's are terrible compared to the rest of the stand. XOP's seat is much more comfortable. Both stands are light, easy to set and very well designed but all day sits in the XOP are much better for my rear end than a LW. I have not tried XOP's sticks at all, and wanted to buy a set of Hunting Beasts sticks but they were sold out. At the price they're at I'll likely keep running LW's until I have a reason to replace. Current favorite stand for being mobile is XOP with LW sticks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Gotten to the point where I'm sick of having to compromise what tree I am sitting in because of carrying a climber. It's legal to leave a lock on public land in Wisconsin now but there's no way I'm risking that.

Weight and smaller footprint are way more important than comfort to me. I really like the Lone Wolf complete setup but looking for other options as well, just curious what other guys are using.

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk
Forgot, millenium has a small footprint stand at 7lbs as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lone Wolf. I got my first one years ago and have slowly been getting rid of other stands and getting more wolves. They are just so solid, quiet, and easy to hang. I have several alphas, several of the older assaults, and several sets of sticks.

I will admit the seat is better on the XOP, but I dont like the coating they put on the platforms - seems to take away from the grippy-ness of the raw cast aluminum. No other stand feels the same under my feet as a lone wolf.

jfone

FNG
I bought a Lone Wolf set a few years back and haven't looked back. I have used YouTube and forums for setup and climbing tips. DIY Sportsman and a few others are great resources. The Lone Wolf will retain value if you dont like it so not much downside either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

isu22andy

WKR
I have the XOP silver series and sticks. The sticks could use some improvements , the new XOP sticks look awesome. Id go with the Muddy Pro sticks next with rope cam lock looks awesome. Cant complain about the XOP Stand either , the one thing that was a game changer with me is the XOP Quick hang bracket. It makes it so much easier to just hang the bracket , then slide the stand in instead of wrestling the 12-14 stand and trying to get a strap around the tree. Highly recommend.

I published a video on how I set up my Lone Wolf Assault a few years ago. If you're interested, you should be able to find it by searching "Solo Custom Archery" followed by Lone Wolf Assault on YouTube. Sorry I don't know how to post a link on here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
I have been running a Lone Wolf Assault and 4 sticks since 2010. Love it for the ease of setup, and being rock solid when I’m in the tree.

XOP was started by the same fella that originally created LW, and their price point is a little friendlier. I’d probably be giving them a look if I needed to start fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Lone Wolf and its quiet and lightweight. I found other lightweight stand setups too noisy. That said, Andre built both Lone Wolf and XOP so i'd bet the xop is same thing but cheaper

The main difference is where they're made - Lone Wolf in the US (the cast aluminum ones anyway) and XOP overseas. I'm by no means a "buy American everything" guy but that matters to a lot of people.
I have been running a Lone Wolf Assault and 4 sticks since 2010. Love it for the ease of setup, and being rock solid when I’m in the tree.

XOP was started by the same fella that originally created LW, and their price point is a little friendlier. I’d probably be giving them a look if I needed to start fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Unless something has changed you can only leave stands on public land in northern Wisconsin, there is a hwy that is the dividing line so just be cautios with that.
I had an older lone wolf alpha and 4 lone wolf sticks and loved the combo. Sold it to try the new xop air raid and climbing sticks. The xop setup is awesome, but a few small details left me liking the lone wolf set up better.

OP
wisco_archer
I don't ever leave stands out and I am quite a ways north of the line so nothing to worry about there. Been working so much I have only sat once this fall. I bought a set of millenium sticks my local shop had and I like them but havent had a chance to get out with them yet.

Hopefully we get some snow and cold to make the logging jobs good up north. Season runs til January 31 in my county so I will have some time to hunt yet if I'm not busy skiing with the wife and kiddos.

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk

Cranman

FNG
I use an XOP vanish and the muddy sticks with the ropes. Perfect setup for me. Also have the quick attach brackets for the XOP.

Whitecaps

Lil-Rokslider
5 Lone wolf alphas with Lone Wolf sticks. I have 2 Milleniums m100u. Millenium takes the comfortable seat prize. LW takes the ease of set up and transport prize. LW will set up on crooked/leaning trees whereas the Millenium platform does not adjust for leveling. Love the comfort factor but I also love the LW for setup- and its pretty comfy too.

Grizz

FNG
I used LW sticks this year with an aider attached. My two bottom sticks have 2-step aiders and my top stick has a 1-step aider. I can get to 25 feet easily with just these 3 sticks. With my saddle and stick combo I was able to be very mobile on public land and get to places most people wont haul a stand.

View attachment 83145

Brendan

WKR
Weight and small footprint, can't beat 5 wild edge steps, a single aider, and a saddle. 25' no problem with practice.