Arizona coues father son double

My dad and I were able to get out for a few days last weekend. After starting off with a couple missed shots by my dad on Friday morning then not being able to keep an eye on a couple bucks we were able to glass up Friday afternoon. We headed to a different area Saturday saw lots of deer but no bucks. Sunday morning we hunted around camp i glasses up a bachelor herd of 7 bucks. We made a plan and started the climb up the mountain. My dad said since i found the deer i could get first shot so we split up thinking the bucks would go over the top after the shot. So i snuck into place when i got over there i couldn’t find the deer thinking i had gone to low. As i was getting ready to grab my stuff to back out and go higher a spike steps out so i stay put and get ready. After 4 spikes and forkies step out my buck presents himself and i shot. I watch him go down the deer stay put i call my dad and tell him to get over the top right away there’s a bigger buck! After what seemed like a hour but more like 5 minutes his buck was getting ready to top over. My dad tops the ridge and shoots his buck at 200 yards! It was awesome watching both bucks drop within 50 yards of each other!
3e092cf49360f4ba44ded673a1b236ff.jpg
a8a95906b947f3912e4e7f04353d4d9b.jpg
4acddd45879e01765d64347daa5cabe2.jpg
27f3bceccfc79258a152ca8934af0809.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome memories for sure. Congratulations on some great bucks. Coues deer are on my bucket list currently building some points.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Congrats! Sounds and looks like you guys had a great time. Just seeing your pics gets me excited for my upcoming Dec. coues hunt in AZ.

Awesome! I'll be heading down there for the first time about that time this year. Are the bucks normally in bachelor groups of that size in November?

RyDog450r

FNG
Congrats! Hope to hunt with my son down there some day...and now I’m hoping for a double like yalls!!