Idaho Whitetail

Zbowman1

WKR
Killed my best Idaho whitetail last week.
806fce327a4f6e29f72b4206ef1e40ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northern Idaho Whitetail Advice

I am heading back to the panhandle area to fill two whitetail tags and in need of some advise. I hunted near Bovil in October and should have easily filled my tags but had to cut the trip short due to scope failure. I hunted there again the first week of November and saw no deer at all, I now have the last week of the season to hunt and trying to decide on an area to hunt the last week of November. I have considered farther north like Clarkia and above or am I just as well off in the Bovil Elk City area ? I have studied the area pretty well just trying to learn where to be late in the season ? Any advise would be appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zbowman1

WKR
I am heading back to the panhandle area to fill two whitetail tags and in need of some advise. I hunted near Bovil in October and should have easily filled my tags but had to cut the trip short due to scope failure. I hunted there again the first week of November and saw no deer at all, I now have the last week of the season to hunt and trying to decide on an area to hunt the last week of November. I have considered farther north like Clarkia and above or am I just as well off in the Bovil Elk City area ? I have studied the area pretty well just trying to learn where to be late in the season ? Any advise would be appreciated.

It been a strange year. A lot of the high mountain deer got pushed down 2 weeks ago when we had that early snow and cold weather. I was surprised to see them come down so quick but they must have had a substantial amount of snow up high. I haven’t hunted much around Clarkia but I have had success around Bovil and Elk River. There should be deer all through that country right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the reply, looking forward to getting back out. Was wondering what the rutting activity is like right now and what the snow level is ?
Thanks again

Randle

WKR
Great idaho buck. Is there a point broken off the inside of the left main beam?

Rick M.

WKR
That's some sexy mass on that buck. Way to go! I'm hoping to get up to unit 3 next season. I'm a bit worried about the grizz, though.

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
What a dandy buck congrats! I don’t get to see enough Idaho whitetails but after seeing this one I’d like to see some more Idaho whiteys! Any idea on how old he was?

K_pem

WKR
That's some sexy mass on that buck. Way to go! I'm hoping to get up to unit 3 next season. I'm a bit worried about the grizz, though.

Definitely a valid concern. We've seen two up in unit 2 this year and 1 in unit one. Just last summer there was a grizz just outside of Athol. Lots of deer though, just rattled in mine on tuesday night, he came in on a string looking for a fight, nice mature 4x4.