Sky High

I don't run trail camera's, gasp !,.. but the other guys who hunt the farm do. I saw this buck last year on another part of the farm and since he was living in the marsh I figured he would just be a ghost seen after dark. The first two are obviously trail camera pics from the chase phase, day light pics. They named him Sky High and on Friday evening I saw him coming off a finger ridge that empty's out into the bottom I was sitting the ridge is thick with mountain laurel and a prime bedding area for a local doe group.
He was headed for another piece of marsh most likely to bed up until after dark. I had to watch him through the scope for the last 100 yards of his walk as the bottom is filled with saplings and wispy little trees that are a bowhunters nightmare and wouldn't be helpful to a 20 gauge slug either. He was about 15 yards from me when he hit an opening and I shot him. He mule kicked and ran 5 yards, stopped and looked straight at me so I put another 250 grain SST through the top of his heart. He made it about 40 yards. He had broken of his right G2 sometime between the trail cam pics and the time I killed him. I'm pretty tickled with him. Maybe during the second muzzleloader or last part of bow season I'll get a crack at the buck that broke him :cool:
fGPdYwNl.jpg

uQYi6h8l.jpg

TlrGc3Dl.jpg

2KTqa1sl.jpg

OP
S
That’s a heck of a deer! Sucks about his G2 those things are huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ! I'm leaving him as is for now, the taxidermist told me it's tough to get a color match. I have a buddy who is good at stuff like that so I might try a repair after I get the mount home