Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Dexter Grayson

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders
It's time to vote for winner of the Best Mule Deer Hunting Photo contest. 1st place-3rd place winners take home...
1) Sitka Gear ESW (Early season whitetail) package
2) Sitka Gear Celcius Midi jacket
3) Sitka Gear ESW (Early season whitetail) cap

If you missed the entry thread, it's here 2018 Best Whitetail Photo Contest, sponsored by SITKA Gear

The Rokslide staff just voted on the top eight finalists based on the entry rules. Now it's the Rokslide members' turns to pick the three winners.

Here are the rules we judged the finalists by:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.
2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the antler tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the animal, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)
3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.
4) Must be a photo of a deer harvested in 2018

Please vote on the photos in the poll at the top of the thread (Tapatalk users can't see the poll, so use full-site if you want to vote.)

I'll only be using the official poll to award the winners- comment votes won't count, but feel free to comment.

I'll leave the poll open until approximately December 27th.

Any member can vote once, and if you're in the contest, go ahead and vote on your own if you want to (we can't stop you anyway!)

Here are the finalists in no particular order. Cast your vote in the poll using the member's name listed at top of each photo:

Last edited:
OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
TravisIN
8cea83fe448b5f70a35959d4dca51854.jpg

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The whitetail crowd knows how to take good pics. Can't wait to see who you all chose. I know which one I like the best! but I won't influence the vote.

Remember, vote in the poll at the top (Tapatalk users will have to log into full site to vote, sorry, but TT won't support the polls). Votes in the comments don't count but you are welcome to comment.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
The whitetail crowd knows how to take good pics. Can't wait to see who you all chose.

I love how whitetail guys use their scenery and lighting in their photos! These photos highlight the respect to the animal and their habitat from the the hunters. They also tell a story about the life and values of hunters. I love it.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK, the members have voted, it's time to post the winners.

Thanks again everyone

attachment.php

First place for the Sitka New Early Season Whitetail (ESW) Shirt, the New ESW Pant, the New ESW Hat, and ESW Glove

TravisIN

8cea83fe448b5f70a35959d4dca51854.jpg

Second Place for the Sitka New Celsius Midi Jacket

Willfrye027 (I fell for this one too! There is so much going on there)

df5cc650495178d5e76dd7d867b24523.jpg

Third Place for New Early Season Whitetail Hat

Dexter Grayson

03b309c21d62332d5b470298023cc5a8.jpg

Winners, please follow the instructions in the post below to claim your prizes

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
To claim your prize, post on here AND send me an email at [email protected] by January 4th! (scammers, I'll check the email against the member's registered email, so save us some time and don't even try)

TravisIN

WKR
Wow thanks everyone. I never expected to actually win. Very very thankful to everyone that had a part in the contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk