New Kifaru bags being released this week!

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brownbear and realunlucky - you got it guys I’ll get it done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jordan do you know if they have a meat shelf like the Reckoning?

I’m not 100% sure, but I highly doubt there’s one on the big bag. It would really surprise me if there was. But the smaller bag there might be.... might have to wait til the specs come out on that one.

deadwolf

WKR
I’m not 100% sure, but I highly doubt there’s one on the big bag. It would really surprise me if there was. But the smaller bag there might be.... might have to wait til the specs come out on that one.

Copy that thanks, I have a Reckoning on order, but that Crater looks highly intriguing as well. : )

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let me tell you all the info on the new frame; Sorry, I am not supposed to, but you wont have to wait long.

Also, I think those zippers on the new pack may be waterproof type.

Cool. Design and capacity seem quite close to the reckoning. Are these additions or replacements to the line.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cool. Design and capacity seem quite close to the reckoning. Are these additions or replacements to the line.

Additions. It’s not really like the Reck at all in my opinion. Has a couple of the same features kind of but I definitely wouldn’t pack it the same.

mrgreen

WKR
Huh, I don't think I ever felt the need for a compartmentalized lid. After seeing it though, it makes sense.

AdamW

WKR
I like the look of that smaller bag! The pocket arrangement is probably everyone's biggest gripe on every pack, but I love seeing new stuff from Kifaru. I like my guide lid a lot, but at times wished it had some more organization and the center seam helps it conform to the top of the bag better. BOOM! I like the 3 pockets over the 2 long pocket ala Mystery Ranch.

Keep at it Kifaru!

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
The lid turns me on. I was contemplating trying to sell the guide lid for a long hunter lid just because the guide was so big and deep. This might be perfect.

The packs don't turn me on much unless they are super light, but I'm awaiting the new frame, cause I can justify a frame for the wife now.....

That new system without they hypalon gives me ideas on what we may see maybe. A lighter frame would be neat

Last edited:
OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
125e93665ff62c67cace16d4e1e42a34.jpg
6f16845eb7a9ee0ae23333ea5e922f33.jpg
3caa2a8583b8821b7dfe056565f32eb7.jpg

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Turns out I'll be getting a hold of the Cavern to review, and I think Tony T is going to be getting the Crater.

I'm super interested to run it side by side with the Reckoning and just see how I'd pack this differently. Being able to get into the bag without taking my bow/rifle or tripod off the back will be super handy. But the big draw to the Reckoning was with the bag compressed, you could still get in the bag with the back zipper. On the Crater I see a potential "issue" with having the zipper on the side and wanting to get in the bag, you'll need to lose some compression unless you get in through the top. All just depends on how you pack, what you pack, what your hunting style is, etc.

It's impossible to make the "perfect" bag.. there has to be a give and take. Aron said on a podcast that if there's enough people wanting a specific idea of a pack, they're going to look into it and if the demand is there they will build it.. not just making new bags to make new bags. That's one of the most attractive things about Kifaru, they make a ton of bags to fit about every need and style of anyone, and every single one of them is built from practical and pretty strategic standpoints from everyone in the shop. I think they are doing a BA job!

Wheww.. I think I almost made my first rant on here! I just get a little tired of them getting bashed for making "too many" bags and a lot of bags that are "basically the same thing", or "just making bags to make them". Makes me turn into a crazy person....... alright I'm done.

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
I like that they keep cranking out new bags. Gives a lot of options, if you don't see exactly what you want give them some input and wait, hopefully they roll it out. People seem not to remember when they had pretty limited options, and the dreaded wait time that used to be kifaru. They have made some serious improvements so it seems. I'm glad to support their business, although I don't support it quite as much as some of you on here!

I like that competition is really pushing the envelope on light weight and still being reasonably durable. I'm looking forward to see what kifaru counters with.