New Kifaru bags being released this week!

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
So now those of you (no one reading this thread) that wanted to get the new stone glacier packs can stay with kifaru!! :)

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

^^^^^^ THIS is why I ranted earlier. The snide comments that I knew people wouldn't resist. Just stop while your ahead.

Dinger

WKR
Also, you should have all your food out of your pack and hung in the tree anyway every night so just change the order you pack everything back up.

Kifaru packs are sold and used globally, not just in bear country of the US.

bruno59

WKR
people must like the look of the new guide lid there is 5 or 6 old lids already in the classifieds it does look nice

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
The only things that reside in my main compartment are water bladder, jackets, and days of food. Nothing needs to come out at night from that section of pack, just tent and bag out of the side and bottom pocket. Saves time. In fifteen years of backcountry backpack hunting, I have never had a single bear issue, and all of my daily food is bagged in my pack, sitting in my vestibule. Seems like a lot of extra work to save the weight of a zipper...Oh, well. Different packs for different folks.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Aron's gonna smack you for this. He already gets people bugging him weekly about the zippered woobie; now he's gonna get the frame too. It's ready when it's ready guys. Shit half the time prototypes never even see production.

Hey, hero simmer! Do you really think that I don't talk to Aron??. Aron has shown the frame in two pictures now.....THINK ABOUT IT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am all for innovation, but coming out with a new frame every year is getting old.... It kills the resale value of older frames. I then have to buy the newest frame because I feel like i am missing out on something. It is getting expensive with not a whole bunch of new innovation. As Aron stated many years ago, Most everything has been tried by most every pack company at one time or another. I would be curious to know how many prototype frames get tested and determined not to be a good enough frame to put into production. Go easy on me Jordan, I love me my Kifaru.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am all for innovation, but coming out with a new frame every year is getting old.... It kills the resale value of older frames. I then have to buy the newest frame because I feel like i am missing out on something. It is getting expensive with not a whole bunch of new innovation. As Aron stated many years ago, Most everything has been tried by most every pack company at one time or another. I would be curious to know how many prototype frames get tested and determined not to be a good enough frame to put into production. Go easy on me Jordan, I love me my Kifaru.

Hahaha your all good! Healthy discussions encouraged! It’s the little comments that imply things with no explanation that drive me to drink.

This new frame isn’t upgrading or replacing the hunter frames (at least I’m pretty sure not). It’s just going to be a different frame. Ryan please chime in if I’m mistaken.

Ive got an old Krux and a first gen Bikini from Kifaru and don't plan on upgrading anytime soon from either of them. I get what your saying but its not like the old frames all of a sudden carry like a turd.

Its just like bows. Some guys have to have the latest and greatest, and some are content with what they have. You just have to decide which one you are.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

I don't know about that. I sold my my bikini frame last year for top dollar. Plus it will be damn hard for me to give up my tactical frame. But I love innovation and I love all the new choices from all the companies. That's what Rokslide is all about.

people must like the look of the new guide lid there is 5 or 6 old lids already in the classifieds it does look nice

Ha. I've been looking for weeks and they all the sudden pop up. I grab one and then find this thread showing there's a new lid. Oh well, I'm sure I'll still make good use of it.

I do love them coming out with new stuff all the time. Puts more used stuff on the market.

Last edited:
Hey, hero simmer! Do you really think that I don't talk to Aron??. Aron has shown the frame in two pictures now.....THINK ABOUT IT!

Haha, should've worded that differently was meant to be more of a jab at the folks that ask on every post now when the zippered woobie is coming out or when the new run of tailgunners is coming out or anything else that gets teased/mentioned. Something taking a while doesn't bother me as I know they're working to iron out the kinks before hand. You're probably right in that the use of it now in 2 posts on his personal page wasn't an accident.

I have yet to see a Duplex or Bikini frame go for under $200, which is unbelievable that you can use a product for 3+ years and only lose $100-150. Also, why should they give two shits about the secondary value; they make money off the people that do have to have the newest thing and upgrade every time something new comes out. Why do you think Apple makes a new phone every year even if nothing really changes.

For most people the difference between the hunter frame and the Duplex G2 was minimal. Thicker shoulder straps and belt primarily (which you can replace without replacing the frame). The only other thing was the adjustable height load lifter; which if you're like me and the frame is barely tall enough as it is doesn't even get used. Now with these new bags they are sewn into the bag, so you will now get this feature on the older frames.

To answer Jordan's question AFAIK the new one isn't going to replace the current hunter and tactical, but instead supplement it.

Last edited:
^^^^^^ THIS is why I ranted earlier. The snide comments that I knew people wouldn't resist. Just stop while your ahead.
Jordan, I know its online, so you cant possibly know my intentions... Just a little sarcasm.... I mean, really, you understand the comment. True, I have some kifaru bags for sale, also going hiking with my Tahr again in a few hours and set up my brand new SMITH cylinder stove yesterday, in my new (to me) megatarp... So, i am a fan/user also.... I do think its funny how people act with them, especially on this site. Sorry to touch a nerve. Enjoy your reviews, btw.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jordan, I know its online, so you cant possibly know my intentions... Just a little sarcasm.... I mean, really, you understand the comment. True, I have some kifaru bags for sale, also going hiking with my Tahr again in a few hours and set up my brand new SMITH cylinder stove yesterday, in my new (to me) megatarp... So, i am a fan/user also.... I do think its funny how people act with them, especially on this site. Sorry to touch a nerve. Enjoy your reviews, btw.

No hard feelings and nothing personal. I was a little wound up earlier since I had just conversed with a dude on how he thought they were a joke and they copy everyone else’s designs. So I was running hot when I was scrolling through and do apologize for the reaction.

No hard feelings and nothing personal. I was a little wound up earlier since I had just conversed with a dude on how he thought they were a joke and they copy everyone else’s designs. So I was running hot when I was scrolling through and do apologize for the reaction.

Yeah, I can see that. In all honesty though, similar pack designs are great for all of us, and the true part of my comment earlier is that should someone like a particular design idea, say, spotting scope pocket on the side, and they already are invested in a particular frame, it becomes easier to run with new ideas as a consumer instead of owning every frame that is out there, just to try different bag layouts.

deadwolf

WKR
I don't know about that. I sold my my bikini frame last year for top dollar. Plus it will be damn hard for me to give up my tactical frame. But I love innovation and I love all the new choices from all the companies. That's what Rokslide is all about.

Tactical frame all the way, I’m with you! Wouldn’t part with mine.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am biting my tongue so hard not talking about the new frame that blood is coming out of my mouth. Everyone should know next week as it is likely going to be at the sheep show in Reno next week. Potentially even be talked about in a podcast.

I am biting my tongue so hard not talking about the new frame that blood is coming out of my mouth. Everyone should know next week as it is likely going to be at the sheep show in Reno next week. Potentially even be talked about in a podcast.

With the current lineup and you mentioning a launch at the sheep show next week, it's sounds like a light weight option?