platypus hoser 3l vs big zip3l

thoughts on pros and cons of each? i run a new exo 5500 looking to use a dirty bag and saywer mini to filter straight from dirty bag into pack by disconecting mouth piece any reason why one bladder would work better than the other?

The hoser is much more difficult to fill if you don't have running water. Also more difficult to clean.

The zip is a good amount heavier.

Check out the CNOC vecto for something in-between.

FreeRange

WKR
I end up hunting a lot where water is severely limited so I almost always take more than one bladder. I always have the 3L big zip and supplement with non-zip bladders of whatever sizes I need. I try and minimize weight as much as possible but feel the zip is very worth it for ease of filling. I'm usually filling the bladder with my camp cup or cook pot from small seeps and springs and the zip makes that easier. I went a few years prior without the zip and was very glad when I made the change.

Granted I'm not running any inline filter I'm just using Aqua Mira for treatment so my use is slightly different from yours but still, for getting water from a source into your dirty bladder the zip makes life easier.

DWP51

Lil-Rokslider
I held out for years using the Hoser until I finally switched to a Big Zip 2 years ago. I should have switched sooner.

Most of my fill ups are from tiny streams or seeps and the Zip makes it much easier. It is a time trade off to me. It is easily 5x faster if not 10x.

My usage is also different from your in that I don't use an inline filter, I too use Aqua Mira drops.