Clothes Washing

sndmn11

WKR
My hunting merino is the same that I wear fly fishing, and I am on the water more than 70 days a year. These clothes have been washed with regular laundry loads. I will be re-washing them by themselves before the hunting season. What do you guys use for a detergent that gets as much household scent out as possible?

There are some scent free detergents that I have used that seem to work. Just get them off the shelf. I don't worry too much about it elk hunting. Just play the wind...lol.

I still have some dead down wind stuff that I got in a kit that I need to use up, so that'll be the one this year.

endorice

Lil-Rokslider
I'm another Atsko Sportwash fan. Not just for the scent-free aspect, but also to minimize residues on performance materials / Goretex.

sdfuller

Lil-Rokslider
Seems you have made a decision already but I just use the "free & clear" detergent for all my stuff, camo & street clothes. Free & clear has no dyes, brighteners or fragrances.

If you're currently using a non free & clear detergent I would run an empty load through the washer just to clean it out so that stuff doesn't get on your hunting gear.

Rolando

FNG
Seems you have made a decision already but I just use the "free & clear" detergent for all my stuff, camo & street clothes. Free & clear has no dyes, brighteners or fragrances.

If you're currently using a non free & clear detergent I would run an empty load through the washer just to clean it out so that stuff doesn't get on your hunting gear.

^ I do all of this.

KMT

WKR
Nothing. I just use scent free detergent because I hate the smell of mountain breeze beach breeze or any other smelly detergent.