Reasonably priced camo/hunting clothes

jpmulk

WKR
Id echo camo is overrated. Look at non-hunting brands too that are for backpacking or hiking.

There’s also a lot of cheap modern army surplus layers that are great and work fine.

il_cop

FNG
+1 on black ovis. I swapped out some of my FL pieces for them. Fit is better for me, more consistent cuts than FL and tall sizes. (I'm only 5'10" but I've got ape arms). I've been very pleased with them and their cheaper.

I’m in northern Minnesota and use kings camo from early to late season. They have a few different product lines to cater different budgets. I’ve been really pleased with the XLG line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This. I’ve been laying waste to bulls/bucks this last decade wearing the wranglers almost exclusively. I don’t hunt easy country either.

dave
Another vote for Wrangler stretchy pants. Cat claw, cactus, and everything else wants you to stay as you walk through AZ brush and desert are going to ruin a lot of pants. Its no pain pitching a $25 pair of pants after a season or two.

As for camo, out west rifle hunting there is almost no need for camo. I buy cheap synthetic long sleeve shirts and spend money on good technical gear to keep me dry. It may have camo, maybe not. My puffy jacket is a cheap Walmart "Swiss" that has been good enough for November in CO and all year in AZ as part of my layers. I have a water resistant pull over 3/4 hoodie that is my wind/light layer from Walmart I think. I picked up a lined pair of water resistant pants somewhere for cheap. Could have been Kohl's or Walmart. In fact, I just saw a very nice Columbia Jacket on Black Friday sale at Kohls and may go back and get it. It is as good or better than lots of camo brands.

Back country, I take one pair of wranglers and two shirts, up to four pair of socks, and the single pieces for layers.

Boots and socks are where you want to put more money than anywhere else...

I sweat way too much, so I don't have any natural fiber gear on me except merino wool socks. Synthetics are the only thing I can wear. I typically hike in a shirt and ball cap in snow or rain. By the time I am done, I just dry out as much as possible with body heat and then change out my shirt (if needed) and put on layers. Well, I do have a merino wool 3/4 zip that will go on as a layer, but I am never active in it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've had so many pairs of those cheap wrangler pants fall apart on me that I could never recommend those to someone with a clear conscience. You get what you pay for. I'd wear fleece lined jeans before I'd ever buy another pair of those wrangler outdoor pants.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk