Gear Junkies

danarnold

WKR
780cc0052dc463505eaaa4f32f5c37cd.jpg

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
Sometimes I wish I just had one set, would making Paking so much easier and about 10lbs lighter !

FlyGuy

WKR
Camofire is the devil. Never should have downloaded that app to my phone. I already have this beanie (and the brimmed beanie) in open country, but I didnt have the grey/woodsmoke one. Now I do.

This transaction took place this morning... IN CHURCH! Dad of the year right here, setting good examples.

My name is Dru and I've been a Sitkaholic for 4 seasons...
181dea9117c1fe767b2d76525b85dab0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

On days when I'm expecting something on my front porch I conveniently beat my wife home. I feel good for about a week until she looks at the credit card account. Our last conversation went about like this.

Wife: What did you need on camofire this time?
Me: Socks. They are made by gore tex, the company that owns Sitka. I needed two pair.
Wife: Needed? Don't you already have two pair of Kuiu, two pair of Darn Tough, and a bunch of others for hunting.
Me: Uhhh, yeah. I wanted to test these out to see if they were any better.
Wife: Your going to sell the others on Rokslide though right.
Me: Who is going to buy used socks?

Wife storms away. My name is Taylor and I think I have a problem.

Anybody else have the Sitka shooter gloves, Sitka mountain gloves, Kuiu guide gloves, Kuiu yukon pro gloves, and the Kuiu northstar gloves? You never know when the right glove could make all the difference given the situation.

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
On days when I'm expecting something on my front porch I conveniently beat my wife home. I feel good for about a week until she looks at the credit card account. Our last conversation went about like this.

Wife: What did you need on camofire this time?
Me: Socks. They are made by gore tex, the company that owns Sitka. I needed two pair.
Wife: Needed? Don't you already have two pair of Kuiu, two pair of Darn Tough, and a bunch of others for hunting.
Me: Uhhh, yeah. I wanted to test these out to see if they were any better.
Wife: Your going to sell the others on Rokslide though right.
Me: Who is going to buy used socks?

Wife storms away. My name is Taylor and I think I have a problem.

Anybody else have the Sitka shooter gloves, Sitka mountain gloves, Kuiu guide gloves, Kuiu yukon pro gloves, and the Kuiu northstar gloves? You never know when the right glove could make all the difference given the situation.

I have more gloves than i can count, funny thing is, i use on or two sets others still have tags on them. After buying thermal scopes and night vision goggles for hog hunting everything else seems so cheap it makes it easier to sell to the spouse !!

dah605

Lil-Rokslider
I know I'm going to hear it on Tuesday when my Hardscrabble Hiker's show up... I get enough hassle for the number of shoes and boots I have. Working from home, I get various boxes for work, so sometimes they just blend in. Either that, or she's given up.

My name is David, and I'm a gear whore...

Anybody ever call their Kifaru pack "my precious"?

I've bought quite a bit of stuff this year. Some new, some used. I'm almost embarrassed by it when my brother comes over. I'm single and can afford things a little better than he can. Either that, or he needs to change his delivery address to my house.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Whatta buncha rank amateurs. Okay, listen up youngsters! This is the proper way to ho yer gear.

Open a paypal acct your wife doesn't know about.
Connect it to an email acct your wife doesn't know about.
Check it on one device (phone, tablet, ehatever) that your wife never uses.
Always clear your viewing history after using it.
If possible, arrange for the Paypal acct to received regular funding (like a payment option on a website that sells stuff) so it collects funds she doesn't know about.
Place notes with shipping instructions on your purchases like: Schedule to arrive M-F or Courier to leave parcel in truck, not at door.
Make friends with the local mailman and couriers and let em know where all boxes addressed to you should be left.
Keep your mouth shut and put all your camo in these big ScentAway bags...she'll not be able to track the number of items you have. I have 10 of these filled with camos.
71PSmDEsU8L._SX355_.jpg

When you have too many bags then you start placing em in 50 gallon bins like these:
058ed810-efa6-4b5e-8d8d-4473d820586e_1.27c369306f3a74a76c213ee9b1942ea1.jpeg

Label em discreetly so they appear to be something else...example: SUBALPINE becomes PINE CONES HOLIDAY DEC.
Visit camofire daily w/o subscribing.
Lastly and most importantly, if you are caught blatantly buying something expensive that you don't need but had to have, recite these words with conviction: "I bust my ass day in and day out for this family and always have...I don't ask for much in return but if I feel like I've earned the right to spend a few bucks on myself for something I will use over and over again for years...you should not bitch at me for it, you should just agree I deserve it and probably buy me the matching cap and gloves that I didn't order but wanted."

If you're gonna ho.........do it well.

Last edited:
OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
Where's Bruce - Im rolling here, too flipping funny !!! I do most of all of the above !!

Still laughing !!

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
BUSTED, didn't make it home as planned to get my new primoloft pants off of the bench before my wife found them !! The whole i work hard for the family worked perfectly, problem is i have a few more items coming and not sure how many times i can use that line... looks like ill need to work from home the next few days !!! Lol

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
BUSTED, didn't make it home as planned to get my new primoloft pants off of the bench before my wife found them !! The whole i work hard for the family worked perfectly, problem is i have a few more items coming and not sure how many times i can use that line... looks like ill need to work from home the next few days !!! Lol

Just have it held at the post office or fed ex store or sent to your work.

Jardo

WKR
Self employed so everything is shipped to my office. Still got busted today when I left the plastic bags my tiburons arrived in on my dresser by accident. I am sloppy at covering up the evidence.