Kuiu Kenai Pant

Benjblt

WKR
Anyone use these? What do you think? I have roughly a 32 inch waist but have slightly bigger butt and thighs than average (comparable to my waist). Would a Medium fit? I'm 5' 8", 175+ with a thicker (not fat) build. Any help would be helpful. I see they are on sale at Kuiu right now.

Osprey

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 5 10 160# 34 waist and I need a large. The legs on the large are perfect the waist a hair big but its velcro on the sides so I just snug it up as tight as I can and its gets about perfect. Worst cast you can always take it to a seemstress to adjust waist thats what I had to do on my attacks the mediums were too small in the crotch and waist to large on large 17 bucks later at seemstress had them hemmed and waist custom fit. I just got my keni pants this summer so I don't have any time in them yet hunting but them seem good for packable quiet insulation for the legs.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ya I say large. The material will stretch some but the waist band not so much as it relies on the Velcro tab for minor adjustments. It's cut pretty straight too.

They do pack well. Stuffing them doesn't work well because of the leg zips but fold in half and roll it up works good.

I had a zipper fly added to mine. That was my only complaint.

slick

WKR
I'm 5'10, 175. 32x32 pants. I wear the mediums, would rather have them snug. I also have a butt, and they are just slightly loose around the waist- could be due to the slight stretch and velco rather than a fabric that doesnt stretch any.

Edit: Would also like to add that I havent worn mine more than about 20 days. I can only think of 2-3x I wore them hunting and that was just around camp. I wear the jacket as an active outer layer late season. I wore the kenai pants skiing more than anything as they are warm and a bit hardier than down garments, nor near as expensive. Plus the 3/4 length helps with ski boots. I like the tight(snug) fit for layering under a hardshell pant.

Last edited: