Confused on kuiu sizing

Kspence49

FNG
I bought a few items during the gear up sale and it’s left me kind of confused on kuiu sizing. I bought some pants in 36 since everyone said size up and they’re pretty big in the waist. I then picked up a set in 34 to try alongside and they’re very tight in the legs so I’ll probably stick with the 36s, even though I’d like to go without a belt.

What I’m really having trouble though with the merino 145 peloton 97 combo. I’m 5-11, 205, broader shouldered athletic build, not much of a belly and trying to lose what I do have. I ordered everything in large initially and then another merino in medium. It seems the merino in large is much looser fitting than the peloton in large, despite the merino being a base layer and the peloton a mid. The medium merino fits well and still isn’t super tight, but I was curious how each is intended to fit. I like the large merino in the body, especially when wearing it as a shirt rather than a base, but the upper arms seem massive, despite me not having what I would call small arms. Will the performance be affected at all by the fit? If the merino is too large will it not work as intended? I will say the large peloton doesn’t seem to jive with the large merino in terms of layering. The medium works better under the peloton but the large I think works better overall. Should I try an XL peloton? I’ve never really worn XL in any other clothes before. Same question there as well, how is the insulation intended to work? Is it intended to be more form fitting to trap the heat or will it work the same if it’s looser?

mcdubbin

FNG
I've found they struggle with size consistency. Best to order multiple sizes in everything and send back what doesn't fit.

ppreston

FNG
They have solid customer service and do a great job of providing guidance on sizing. Especially if you can provide them with your measurements, preferred fit and desired usage for each of the items you are considering.

I'm 5'8" 205lb+- and find that I am right between their large and XL tops.

I returned the 97 but have the peloton 240 and 200. Large is just a little too small in the shoulders and XL is just a touch too large.

For merino, I wear large short sleeves first lite.

In Kuiu pants, I buy a 34. They are snug to start but break in with use to feel about perfect for me. I would say I have a somewhat narrow waist and larger legs.

jhm2023

WKR
I like Kuiu stuff, but their sizing consistency is crazy. I can buy multiple pairs of pants in the same size and every single one of them fit differently in the waist, even within the same model of pant.

kad11

WKR
I just got a Peloton 240 hoodie in XL. In general, it fits like most every other XL, but it's like there's a little too much material in the chest area and not enough across the upper back. The result is the front puckers out a bit across the chest and the hood gets pulled back and almost off my head if I tilt my head forward or slightly hunch over.

I've primarily used mountaineering brands for hunting / backpacking clothing over the past decade - this is my first Kuiu item so I'm definitely surprised at the weird cut.

2blade

WKR
Kuiu sizing sucks. I wear a 29" waist levi. The 30" Sierra pant fits perfect. The 30" attack pant is way to small and the 32" attack pant is to big. I have some of their rain gear and its fine. For merino base layers I use Black Ovis, good price and the sizing is right. For a mid layer I'm running an older Cabelas Hybrid puffy jacket thats half fleece and half puffy around the core. Firstlite Uncompaghre jacket over that if needed.

CWayne121

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6' 3", 210, athletic build, and wear
  • XL in the Axis, Peloton 118 and 97
  • L in their Peloton 240 and Yukon, Gila Hoodies, 120 Merino LS and SS
  • 34T Kutana Pants. I stopped wearing Attacks but I think I was a 32T in those or Tiburons, I forget. It was a weird deal.
My advice, find a KUIU top that fits you well and go look at the reviews. At the top of the reviews there is a "fits small ... true to size ... fits large" graphic. Use that to determine your play for other tops. Example, you pick up a Large 120 Merino and like it. It reads as "fits true to size" in the reviews graphic. Now large becomes your home base. If you want to pick up a Peloton 118 and it's "fits small", then order an XL.

Wolfshead

FNG
Sizing is definitely a question mark!
im 5’7” and weigh 188 lbs.
I usually wear XL tee shirts on a normal day and have a 34 waist size for jeans.
i prefer my clothing a little loose, but wearing a large size is too small, and tight for shirts for me, and I’m not really a big guy.
With that said, I wear XL tops in the merino wool and XXL jackets.
36 sized for the attack pants is perfect for me.

I went to the Kuiu store in Dallas when driving through last week, simply to size myself with much of their different products. That was as I start to accumulate items online and through resale, I know what size to get.

I'm 6'5", range from 245-250 most of the time.

Normally I wear a 38 waist, and XL in most shirt/Jackets, although I do have to go up to XXL on some long sleeve items.

I found the Attack and Katana pants fit best in Kuiu 40. A little loose at the waist, but 38 was too tight on the thighs. I wear a belt 95% of the time anyways, so no surprise I'll need a belt on the size 40 pants. I was pleasantly surprised the regular length was perfect. I wore the Katana's to work on Monday morning.

Tops, I wear Kuiu XXL across the board. Merino baselayers, Peloton Hoodies, Jackets, all XXL.

So far I've picked up:
(During the Gear Up Sale)
XXL - Merino 120 Bottom Zip-offs
XXL - Merino 145 Zip-T Hoody Vias
XXL - Peloton 200 Zip-T Hoody Vias
Venture Divide 3000 in Ash

(At the Store)
40 - Attack in Khaki
40 - Katana in Gunmetal
XL - Brown Leather Belt

Also got the Pro Bino Harness/Set in Vias for Christmas

**Prior to this year the highest quality hunting apparel I've owned has been Cabelas' Instinct and Under Armour that has gone on sale at academy. So I'm definitely thrilled with the upgraded apparel/gear.

My oldest son is 17 and 6'3" 240, and my 14 year old son is rapidly growing to size. So I expect I'll be able to hand down quite a bit of my previous apparel.