2018 for First Lite...30 new pieces.

Napperm4

WKR
As excited as I am about the new clothes I’m a little hesitant about the direct to consumer approach.

With the claim of “better consistency in sizing” it’s going to be an interesting and expensive venture for me to start all over again.

At least when we had a retailer in town I could try the limited stock on before committing. With Intl shipping and duties it gets pretty pricey to have something not fit. Including the same items in different colours...

Might have to bide my time for reviews and hope they can keep stock online.

gdc23

FNG
The jackets material and build is in between the Sitka Timberline and Kuiu Guide Jacket in terms of weight/material thickness. Its much thinner and ultralight compared to its predecessor the NorthBranch. The material though is where it really shines, it doesn't need the thickness to perform the way it does, absolutely impressive jacket. It's packing down very easily like my Sitka Timberline, not nearly as bulky as the NorthBranch or Jetstream jacket. Has dual very practical chest pockets but not pit zips. I didnt find the jacket to need pit zips. It breathed incredibly well and the material was crazy quiet and flexible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh well I suppose everyone has different needs. I was hoping for a North Branch jacket with chest pockets. Are they doing away with the whole North Branch line or will it still be available. Thanks for the response.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I’m really hoping they revamp their sizing. There’s certain products they make I like but the fit doesn’t work for me. Here’s to hoping!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Yeah, don't know how to feel about exclusively direct sales. That's hurting quite a few retailers that had FL as a huge part of their business. I tend to think those retailers will just offer Sitka instead, which ultimately may cause FL to lose market share. Don't think you'll be seeing too many more years of 30 new pieces of they lose market share. R&D is expensive if you can't rely on a particular level of sales. Guess we'll see.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

IMO you're dead wrong. Let's look at Kifaru... Oh yeah, they were direct LOOOOONG before it was cool. Had their biggest year in 2017!

In ten years it will be weird to shop in stores.

I think FL should have a mobile truck like Snap on
:)

They could come around like an ice cream truck playing some special music and all the hunters would scramble out of the garages trying catch the truck before it left their neighborhood.

Seriously, with all the reviews and forums like here, there will continue to be a ton of info on fit, finish, quality likes, dislikes etc....

It may even spike some attendance at the special shows vendors go to in the beginning of the new year.

Because of my physical location, 99% of my shopping is online.
I have only got one piece that didn't fit right and that was the sawtooth. It fit great except in my arms (tighter)
Everything else I read up on and new to size up or down or stay where normal.

We will adjust- the future is already behind us and adjustments have already been made by a lot and soon, everyone else will adjust too.

Napperm4

WKR
I think FL should have a mobile truck like Snap on
:)

They could come around like an ice cream truck playing some special music and all the hunters would scramble out of the garages trying catch the truck before it left their neighborhood.

Seriously, with all the reviews and forums like here, there will continue to be a ton of info on fit, finish, quality likes, dislikes etc....

It may even spike some attendance at the special shows vendors go to in the beginning of the new year.

Because of my physical location, 99% of my shopping is online.
I have only got one piece that didn't fit right and that was the sawtooth. It fit great except in my arms (tighter)
Everything else I read up on and new to size up or down or stay where normal.

We will adjust- the future is already behind us and adjustments have already been made by a lot and soon, everyone else will adjust too.

Snap on truck?

“Don’t you mean Kuiu Mobile Show Room”?

In all seriousness, that was a great idea. They didn’t bring the truck to the great white north but they do bring samples to the shoes here of every piece and size.

I read reviews carefully for those exact reasons but still have a Large Llano that fits like a small, 2 pairs of corrugate guides in large - one that I swim in and one that I damn near have to lay on my back to button.

Obviously having items in the store didn’t help that either but if they can find the consistency in sizing and do a mobile show I’ll probably cover their costs just with my own show order lol.

mcseal2

WKR
I'm interested to see the new line-up but sure wish it was going to be available in ASAT. I bought quite a bit when it went on sale this fall and should be good for a while. I whitetail and predator hunt in Kansas in lots of pastures full of dormant grass later in the fall and the ASAT blends in great. I don't get to hung up on camo pattern usually but calling in predators blending in seems to help quite a bit.

I understand why they made the changes they did and why ASAT didn't sell in enough volume to keep, I just wish they'd kept it for my use. Cipher is not terrible but when I hung my ASAT Halstead and Cipher Sawtooth on the fence in a pasture and looked at them from different distances the ASAT was much harder to pick out.

I'm interested to see the new line-up but sure wish it was going to be available in ASAT. I bought quite a bit when it went on sale this fall and should be good for a while. I whitetail and predator hunt in Kansas in lots of pastures full of dormant grass later in the fall and the ASAT blends in great. I don't get to hung up on camo pattern usually but calling in predators blending in seems to help quite a bit.

I understand why they made the changes they did and why ASAT didn't sell in enough volume to keep, I just wish they'd kept it for my use. Cipher is not terrible but when I hung my ASAT Halstead and Cipher Sawtooth on the fence in a pasture and looked at them from different distances the ASAT was much harder to pick out.

Yep I have asat and then fusion and now cipher. All 3 are great patterns.
The cipher is so good, I had several deer within 15 yards of me and not blow out.
I had a hunter (humanoid) walk right by me as I was sitting in FRONT of a dead branch that feel and laid on the desert floor- at 12 yards.
I am fine with cipher after seeing what I saw last week on my desert hunt.

SUMMIT75

WKR
Yep I have asat and then fusion and now cipher. All 3 are great patterns.
The cipher is so good, I had several deer within 15 yards of me and not blow out.
I had a hunter (humanoid) walk right by me as I was sitting in FRONT of a dead branch that feel and laid on the desert floor- at 12 yards.
I am fine with cipher after seeing what I saw last week on my desert hunt.

I’m sold as well on Cipher as one of my favorite patterns ever. It’s been super impressive from timber to open desert.

Luked

WKR
and if I remember right when the announcement was made that FL was going to go Direct I believe that Amazon is also in line with them so one could buy through amazon who has free returns if I am not mistaken?
then if you order it don't fit its easy to return to get a replacement

Stwrt9

WKR
I'm sure a ton of research and thought was put into this years lineup being that they need this to be a successful transition towards the direct to consumer model. I expect it will be a hit just my .02.

Since I assume the entire line has been released at the show, when are we going to be able to get info on the entire line? Is there someone at this show that can let us know? Like guys do at the ata. Maybe? Hopefully.

msailor

FNG
Just talked to Ford at Firstlite over the phone. Product video for the new softshell will launch tomorrow on several social media platforms.

dotman

WKR
I really wish First Lite would do what Stone Glacier did and just create a thread with all their new items and improvements.

OP
G

gearjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
I realize that marketing requires buildup to garner interest but come on. I wonder if their product testers are releasing videos early and getting removed or First Lite is using the quick glimpses as a marketing scheme. Who ever goes to DSC please be that creepy guy that spends hours at the booth and takes hundreds of pictures of every new item! We are all counting on you! ahem *texans42* cough cough.