2018 for First Lite...30 new pieces.

stevevan

WKR
Looks good. I think they hit a home run on this one. It will be at the top of my wish list. Good job First Lite.

TheCougar

WKR
CD917F7B-A24D-467E-879A-F9120499153E.jpgView attachment 64164

The new uncompahgre, renamed to chamberlin. Way puffier. Uses 800 fill down mixed with 37.5. Face fabric seems to be the same as the uncompahgre. Should be very very warm. They also said it would be lighter and compress more, which makes sense if it is down. I also saw uncompahgre pants. Thinner than I expected and the face fabric is lighter and quieter than my uncompahgre jacket.

Last edited:

TheCougar

WKR
New chama equivalent with merino x. A lot of their new stuff is the same design as old stuff, just new fabric. They also moved arm pocket to chest.
50A1CA3B-13D9-42FF-8DE4-DCFCBCCF4351.jpg
0B480848-C7F2-4F53-8031-EF3A87BB72CD.jpg

Last edited:

N2TRKYS

WKR
View attachment 64165View attachment 64164

The new uncompahgre, renamed to chamberlin. Way puffier. Uses 800 fill down mixed with 37.5. Face fabric seems to be the same as the uncompahgre. Should be very very warm. They also said it would be lighter and compress more, which makes sense if it is down. I also saw uncompahgre pants. Thinner than I expected and the face fabric is lighter and quieter than my uncompahgre jacket.

That sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing these pieces. I hope they are a more relax fit and maybe the jacket is offered without a hood.

TheCougar

WKR
That sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing these pieces. I hope they are a more relax fit and maybe the jacket is offered without a hood.

I saw only a hooded version. Callahan was there extolling the virtues of the hood, so I doubt there is a hoodless. Also, I’m not sure if that jacket replaces the uncompahgre or not. I also had a 10 minute discussion with them about zipoff baselayer pants. Unfortunately, I was unable to convince them to make some! Looks like Kuiu capris for all my friends. The merino x is stretchier and a has a different feel than old merino. Still quiet, but not as soft? Soft May not be be right word for it. Also they changed the stitching to a vertical stitch. Can’t tell you how durable it will be. Should resist picking up burrs, etc better.

Last edited:

TheCougar

WKR
Hot weather stuff: new aero wool and midweight top. I felt like it was the 2018 version of the wilkin and llano.
A9AB4F74-68DD-4B21-A2A6-9AA6B609A57E.jpg
5824C6E8-254F-488E-9FD0-D8817E92D16A.jpg
648193CA-6FC4-43C1-9CF8-C457F9FE84B3.jpg
038C1B9C-6B80-4027-B29B-816B6C6497D2.jpg

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
I saw only a hooded version. Callahan was there extolling the virtues of the hood, so I doubt there is a hoodless. Also, I’m not sure if that jacket replaces the uncompahgre or not. I also had a 10 minute discussion with them about zipoff baselayer pants. Unfortunately, I was unable to convince them to make some! Looks like Kuiu capris for all my friends. The merino x is stretchier and a has a different feel than old merino. Still quiet. Can’t tell you how durable it will be.

Well bummer, I was holding out but guess kuiu will get some money.

bmart2622

WKR
Id like to see an outer layer that is more durable than the merino offerings but for mild weather. Maybe something like a traverse too that Sitka offers.

nrh6.7

WKR
I was hoping to have time to make it out there today but doesn't look like it's going to happen. Thanks for the pics and updates.

HeadnWest

WKR
Id like to see an outer layer that is more durable than the merino offerings but for mild weather. Maybe something like a traverse too that Sitka offers.

They used to have the Halstead fleece that would fit that need. I used it as my outer layer for most of September, until Idaho got dumped on with snow that is!

bmart2622

WKR
I have a Halstead and for me it is waaay too hot for typical September weather. My go to for archery hunting is a merino tshirt and my Sitka lightweight hoody

HeadnWest

WKR
I have a Halstead and for me it is waaay too hot for typical September weather. My go to for archery hunting is a merino tshirt and my Sitka lightweight hoody

I usually shed my Halstead around 9- 10am each day and went to my aerowool top. My Aerowool top seemed to hold up. With the addition of nylon, it should be even more durable.

TheCougar

WKR
Other notes:
- they are working on a wool glove that is smartphone compatible. I have Kuiu merino gloves that I love, but I have to take them off to use a touchscreen.
- uncompahgre pants were thinner than I expected, not much fill, and face fabric is very thin. Looks very delicate. I know kifaru is coming out with puffy pants that have reinforced seat and knees.
- there was a softshell jacket made from corrugate material. Similar to Kuiu guide jacket.
- no changes to obsidian pants
- there was a super weight base layer called “furnace”. Wool with fleece brushed interior.
Not sure why they filled a puffy with 800 down and 37.5. Don’t know what benefit you get by mixing the two...

There were other things, but I had three of my kids with me and I was playing zone defense while trying to look at the gear. Overall, I was a little bummed out. I wish they had zip-up wool baselayer bottoms, the puffy pants were a little more robust, and a puffy without a hood.