Kneepads (Kuiu Chinook)

Gearing up for this season and when wearing the Chinook pants, I don't like the feeling of the kneepads against my skin...they seem to want to rest there just touching my knee. With thermals or base layer, I'm sure I would not feel it, but with just the pants it is distracting just walking around the house.

When I first got these I thought the idea of the kneepads was brilliant, but now I am thinking of just taking some regular (attack) pants instead for comfort. I would have these and then the yukon rain paints and that's it for lower outer wear.

Anyone have any experience with these in the field and have an opinion?

I had a set of alpines for a while. Knee pads didn’t bother me at all. I wear Sitka timberlines some times. They have bigger pads. I don’t seem to notice. In fact I am happy to have them when I kneel done for whatever reasons. Having used the strap on kind years ago in the army, I feel like the built in ones are much better. Lower pain I t he ass factor and much more comfortable.

westside elkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Chinook. I was a little hesitant at first. But after a few days of hunting in them. I got use to them. And like Hunting in them now. Especially during elk season.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JDZ

WKR
I bought the Chinook pants and the kneepads were distracting when I tried them on around the house. I've only had them in the field once, but I didn't notice the kneepads and for sure wasn't thinking about them while killing an animal.

I have a pair too. Never notice the kneepads. They sure are nice when needed even though there's not much to them. BUT...I like my attack pants better, fit wise - I wish they had the kneepads sometimes haha.

I've got a pair of chinooks too and don't even notice the knee pads anymore, which is a good thing.
The Sitka Timerline kneepads on the other hand ARE annoying to me so I never put them in.
Chinooks are super comfy and overall a good pant. I will say the DWR sucks IMO and they get wet easily. I have a pair of Attacks as well and for some reason like the Chinooks a little better. Attacks might be slightly thicker/warmer and have the more traditional pocket structure. I'd say the pockets took more getting used to than the knee pads, but that's just me.

I prefer attacks, I think the pocket layout on the chinooks is the primary reason. I wear them occasionally over attacks if it is colder or windier but tend to do fine with attacks into the low 20s.

Compared to attacks I find chinooks warmer, more wind resistant, and less breathable.

ianpadron

WKR
Had the Chinooks and still have the Alpines. You get used to the pads and forget they are there.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk