Calls and calling tactics recommendations

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys a lot of you know that I just took the LE early archer tag for the north cache in utah. I'm looking into getting a new call or two but not to familiar with them. I have a couple diaphragm and an elk nut bugle I believe it is. And any calling recommendations? ordering a calling book today. Thanks again!

Maverick940

Banned
Thanks I'll check it out for sure

To me it's always hilarious and it's probably indicative of how nebulous internet is, but by gauging all the comments made and topics mentioned on various internet hunting forums, it seems that more than 90% of American hunters only pursue elk during the rut, while nationwide tag sales don't reflect that at all. I guess that's because internet isn't real (lol). Carry on ......

gelton

WKR
To me it's always hilarious and it's probably indicative of how nebulous internet is, but by gauging all the comments made and topics mentioned on various internet hunting forums, it seems that more than 90% of American hunters only pursue elk during the rut, while nationwide tag sales don't reflect that at all. I guess that's because internet isn't real (lol). Carry on ......

Calling techniques and tactics work during rifle seasons as well. We called in a bugling bull last year during second rifle.

Brendan

WKR
Calling techniques and tactics work during rifle seasons as well. We called in a bugling bull last year during second rifle.

Killed one of my Elk during Wyoming's rifle season with bulls bugling their heads off... But, that was still late September.

Maverick940

Banned

Yeah, I've called bulls for my November/December hunters, before. But, that doesn't have anything to do with the preponderance of rut hunt threads on internet (lol). But anyway .....

Hey guys a lot of you know that I just took the LE early archer tag for the north cache in utah. I'm looking into getting a new call or two but not to familiar with them. I have a couple diaphragm and an elk nut bugle I believe it is. And any calling recommendations? ordering a calling book today. Thanks again!

How did you do in the North Cache unit last year? I apparently just drew the only archery out of state tag for this unit as of yesterday. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.