Bugling updates?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm leaving for Durango area on the 14th as well! First time out there, any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Drink lots of water. Then drink some more.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BKhunter

WKR
I'm heading out to the Steamboat surrounding area on the 5th.....First time out hopefully I can get into something and hear some bugles....Can't wait

TWGator

FNG
I'm heading out to the Steamboat surrounding area on the 5th.....First time out hopefully I can get into something and hear some bugles....Can't wait
My buddy said they heard a few last weekend up that way. Headed up Friday from Florida, God bless my lungs

Mmomn

Lil-Rokslider
Elk were bugling all day today. Bulls seen were already herded up with cows. Manti Utah

I'm near durango and it's quite. Everyone I've ran into is hunting mule deer and haven't even seen any elk, much less hear a bugle.

Btaylor

WKR
I'm near durango and it's quite. Everyone I've ran into is hunting mule deer and haven't even seen any elk, much less hear a bugle.

Been hunting a little north of you and today I heard 2. One only fired off a couple times the other one bulged good until he got my wind.

jljmonky

FNG
Heading in today outside of Pagosa Springs. May have signal if I get in where I was last year and will report tonight/tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
SE Idaho has been very sporadic the past couple of days. Bulls seem reluctant to bugle. Should be getting close to when they get fired up, but just not there yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tioga

FNG
Had a bull going yesterday, pretty sure he had a cow that was coming into estrus. I could hear him chasing her around and he wasn't going to leave

Where in Durango? I'm gonna be heading that way in a couple weeks. Pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still nothing where I'm at in SW Colorado. Its really green and hot, with down trees everywhere. Found several large cat tracks yesterday.

danarnold

WKR
Arrived south of Junction on the plateau on the 25th, no bugling... Hot and Green as described above. 9600'

I put my friend "first time elk hunter" on a bull opening morning and he closed the deal.
I took a nice cow Monday morning, came home Tuesday… Heading for Wy, Montana and Idaho the end of this week

jljmonky

FNG
Heard a little bugling between 6-7 p.m. last night. At that point, the elevation gain from IL to 10,600 had kicked my ass and I was already in bed. Nothing this morning but mule deer so far.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

George

Lil-Rokslider
Bulls were bugling opening weekend last year around Pagosa, this year just forest service workers cutting out trails bugling that I'm aware of.

G

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
I heard 3 bugles at about 5:30 PM last night. The bull was up on the mountain top at roughly 10K feet. This was southwest of Colorado Springs.

RCR

Lil-Rokslider
Heard a couple bulls bugling Sat morning north of Steamboat, but they were not hot. Saw one bull chasing a cow in the morning, and saw the same bull with a cow in the evening and he didn't seem to be interested in her. Didn't hear anything else Sat evening or Sun morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the hot weather and the eclipse has them all screwed up. I'm optimistic that they will be back to "normal" in a week or so.