24 AZ Elk Draw

With the deadline for CC updates coming up tomorrow, cards should be getting hit soon. I'm hoping to draw my first AZ elk tag and hypothetically have the points to do it. We will see.

Last year CC update was March 6, starting hitting the 7th. Here are the dates results were posted to the portal the past few years

2023 : March 15
2022 : March 8
2021 : March 20
2020 : March 5
2019 : March 8
2018 : March 8

As always, memes welcomed

Good luck.
For the first time in a dozen years, we only bought points. With about 4 different competing time constraints in 2024... we simply don’t want to risk drawing if we don’t have the time.

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
Will it be the card you used to put in that gets hit? Or one that is on file with them? I tried to change the one I had on file and I couldn’t figure it out

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome to the "We are all excited" Arizona elk draw thread! We also are waiting to see what hits and when. With the earlier submission entry date this year, I'm expecting the results will be a week earlier than normal too. First week of March hopefully.

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38
Will it be the card you used to put in that gets hit? Or one that is on file with them? I tried to change the one I had on file and I couldn’t figure it out
On the card you used to apply. To swap is a bit arduous, you need to type in the entire order number on your receipt, for each app. So if you do it for elk, you have to do it again for pronghorn, etc.

wapitibob

WKR

The card you used to apply is the same card on file, unless it was changed after you applied.

The dept has an internal policy of hitting cards within 24 hours of the card update conclusion.

To update, go to the change screen, then copy paste the app number off your confirmation email. Make sure you don't accidently have a space at the beginning or end when you "cut" the number. You could also have a space if the number is "word wrapped" in the email.

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
The dept has an internal policy of hitting cards within 24 hours of the card update conclusion.
Unless they mess up again and need to run things again, set a second CC update deadline.

See the 2021 debacle that the department has never explained.

And then there is the 2023 debacle where they should have slowed down and fixed their draw results, but didn't. See the 2023 debacle involving lifetime licensees that didn't get the tags they should have drawn. Only SOME of those wronged ever got their tags. Some will never know what they missed out on.

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
Link? Source?

Look around, you'll find PLENTY of ex-resident (NR) lifetime license holders that didn't get tags that they knew they should have drawn in the 1/2 pass based on points. They caused a stink with the AZ GFD and the GFD exceeded their quotas and gave all those guys their tags. The interesting RUB is, that many more of those lifetime license holders should have been given tags in the random pass. And they have no way of self-identifying as having been wronged. So, those guys REALLY got screwed, but don't know it because GFD didn't grep the log files of the draw to identify those victims.

Basically, in 2023, AZ GFD programming incorrectly applied the 10% NR cap to ex-resident NR lifetime license holders. Those ex-residents should draw from the RES pool, but didn't. It was a big mess. Very embarrassing. But too few people were paying attention. We expect incompetency from AZ GFD and we got it in 2021 & 2023.

BBob

WKR
Look around, you'll find PLENTY of ex-resident (NR) lifetime license holders that didn't get tags that they knew they should have drawn in the 1/2 pass based on points.
Well that’s the thing, I have searched around and I find nothing.

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
Well that’s the thing, I have searched around and I find nothing.
Post 330 on this thread would look to be one example. You will find many more elsewhere.

The much more interesting nuance is all the NR lifetime license holders (ex-residents) that should have been given a tag in the 80% random pass. The 2023 AZGFD screw up was never fixed for those folks. The only guys that got the tags were the guys that had enough points to know that they should have drawn in the 20% 1/2 pass.

So, there are probably 4 times as many guys wronged by AZGFD in 2023. But they were not made whole. AZGFD should have reviewed the log files from the draw to find the LL holders that were inappropriately 10% NR capped out in the 80% random pass.

Hopefully this will be fixed for the 2024 AZ draw. But we can bet AZGFD will screw up on something else. They always do.

Anyone have 7w early archery last year? If so how was it? I had 6a early archery. Plenty of small bulls. I got a smaller 6x6 on day 4. Good luck to all in the draw! 🤞