Almost go time

sfc2140

FNG
My time is almost here and I’m a little excited and disappointed at the same time.. I left San Diego yesterday for Idaho and a few more hours of driving I should reach my destination for the week.

I’ve been planning this trip for almost a year now. I don’t have a super special tag or a supper special spot. Just circled a spot on the map and tried to research like hell. This is my first ever elk hunt and to make things harder I went DIY, this was suppose to be A father son hunt with my 12 year old, but since his first progress report in school came out and his grades we very less than Stellar I had made the decision that he stays behind.

To top it off my cousin and dad have been planning on coming along. My cousin backed out last minute and my dads health has gotten worse so I had to have him stay behind.

So it’s a little disappointing that I’m going solo now, but the good news is I should be up on a mountain tonight.

elkduds

WKR
Good luck to you! It must have been a hard decision to say No to your son, but that's tough love in action. Since you are the last man standing in your group, you get all the goodies. I often hunt solo, think it is a special time. I bet you will, too.

ElkNut1

WKR
That's my stomping grounds! (grin) Give me a call right now! 208-315-0562

ElkNut/Paul