Elk Ivory..... Display?

So I have an Anlter Mount of my small 6x6 from a couple years ago. I still have the ivories and want to display them with the antlers...... Looking ideas?

Get a small round of whatever type of tree it was near, polish it up and recess the ivories into it.

JPD350

WKR
I friend did this for one of my ivories, I was thinking you could just hang them somewhere on the mount but after I thought about it I am not sure I like the idea, maybe it will spur a thought for you anyway.

Attachments

• 20180623_143321.jpg
    20180623_143321.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 212

BradNSW

FNG
glue, screw or recess them into the mount wood and lay the cartridge across them, under the antlers, maybe engrave the year on the cartridge?

Something like the attached with the ivories holding the cartridge?
2015 skulls.jpg

I have yet to kill an elk, but have thought about doing cuff links if you’re in to that kinda thing. Definitely a conversation starter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whip

WKR
I had a friend of mine craft a set into a pair of super pulls on my pack. Adds good MOJO even if you're an ounce counter.20180629_200603-1.jpg

TauPhi111

WKR
So this might be a dumb question, but I really have no idea and google didn't yield a good answer....so do cow elk also have ivories? I might imagine they do, as does of many of the fanged deer species in Asia also have the distinctive tusk-like canines, although they are usually a good bit smaller than bucks. Is it the same with elk? We have cow tags this year, but if I do kill one I'd like to have a momento of the hunt that will last past the freezer full of meat..

UtahJimmy

WKR
So this might be a dumb question, but I really have no idea and google didn't yield a good answer....so do cow elk also have ivories? I might imagine they do, as does of many of the fanged deer species in Asia also have the distinctive tusk-like canines, although they are usually a good bit smaller than bucks. Is it the same with elk? We have cow tags this year, but if I do kill one I'd like to have a momento of the hunt that will last past the freezer full of meat..

Yup!

A stick and a rock will get them out real quick!