10MM ammo & G20 questions/advice

Sodbuster

WKR
Crappy picture of the tritium night sights.
But all I do is pull the gun up, find the rear vertical line. Tilt to set the front line on top of the rear and the red dot is right there.
It was a faster way to acquire the red for as the grip angle is different than a 1911.
Sights are tall suppressor sights.

Sodbuster

WKR
cba4f583912d5f5d07cebdf436aa9304.jpg

Tex68w

WKR

Sodbuster, It looks like we have pretty much the same setup except that I run an RM01, I got tired of messing with faulty buttons. I haven't put trigger in it yet as it's the first Glock trigger that I've felt was decent from the factory, that could change though. I haven't loaded any rounds yet, been using factory ammo but I just might start if I can get numbers like you are showing. I am running the same chest rig for mine, I absolutely love it but at times I still run it on my hip, just depends on the hunt and load out. I have considered taking a deer with it but the opportunity hasn't presented itself this season and with only one more hunt on whitetail (tomorrow) before the season ends here it'll likely have to wait until the fall. I did take down a 250-270 lb boar with it over Thanksgiving, dropped him like a bad habit from 35 yds.

Last edited:

Sodbuster

WKR
Tex68w,
I like being able to dim the dot down on the 06 for a more precise aiming point.The dot turned up would work for close quarters and I would leave that way in the wild.
The advertised trigger pull on my model 40 was way off.The ZEV unit is crisp,clean, and easy to install.User adjustability for pre and overtravel may be of interest to some but when everything was completed I did not have to adjust anything.

It looks like factory ammo is catching up to what the 10 is capable of but I handload anyway and got to emergency bear power pretty quickly. Our alternative methods(seperate from firearms and archery) portion of deer season is wide open now with even spears and atlatals being legal.I have not used the Glock on an animal yet but am sure it will be lethal.

Nice Hog.

OP
B
I started this thread a year and a half ago, I hadn't kept up with it and hadn't noticed that it was getting posted on until I just searched for it to go back to find something that I remember someone suggested - the 3.5 pound connector for the trigger.

Long story short, I have tinkered with my G20 a lot and have finally landed on a setup that really fits what I wanted. Its very similar to sodbuster's setup above.

G20
Slide Milled by Battle Werx Customs (just milled for the sight, none of that fancy stuff that looks like it attracts mud and rocks)
Trijicon RMR sight
Anti flicker plate installed
Ameriglo Suppresor sights (all black, the night sight colors really messed with my eyes with the red dot)
KKM stock length barrel
Shooting Doubletap 200gr hard cast
Mounted in a Blackhawk Serpa holster on my Kifaru belt

Now I am going to try to add the 3.5lb ghost trigger connecter myself - its a very cheap upgrade, just going to see if it works, if I don't like it I can reinstall the factory connector.

After that I am done and feel like I have a very capable backcountry rig with 15 rounds of protection if I ever need it.