Bino, LRF, GPS and Radio harness?

oguruma

FNG
I am looking for options for a chest harness to hold the following: Binos (various sizes), GPS (Garmin 60CSx), LRF (Bushnell 1500 Elite), and a handheld radio (Various, usually a Yaesu VX-7R).

The best thing I can come up with is a FHF Gear harness with the various addons. I also considered a "tactical" molle harness.

Are there any other options I should look into?

muddydogs

WKR
Talk with Adam at Rugged Stitch and have him build you something. You're not going to find anything commercially to fit all that stuff without a bunch of add ons and bulk. Adam built me a fine bino harness that fits my 12x50 bino's, rangefinder, cell phone pocket as well a a few more pockets for calls and wind checker bottle.

I don't like a lot of crap in my pockets. I would look into a rack style chest harness. Tactical tailor. Blue force gear.

Mine hauls lrf. Binos. Gps, phone, multi Tool compass pen. Pad. Licenses, flashlight, and some misc crap. Basically what I want close at hand while hunting or if I drop my pack for a while.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/gear/47088-chest-rig-hunting.html?highlight=Chest+hunting

The blue force gear rack minus comes in several sizes. It is probably the lightest thing going. Be careful about how many pouches you attach. It starts out at about 6-8 oz but can add up quick just in nylon weight if you get too crazy with organization.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I've got an AGC Cub with max pocket. My Garmin 64s fits nicely in the front pocket. Sig Kilo RF in the pouch it came with carries on the wrap around side webbing strap similar to how the FHF one would. Could easily run a radio pouch on the opposite side the same way. The RF might fit in the bottom max pocket to save having an external pouch, but I haven't tried it, and I like not having to use a zipper to access it.

Edit to add: the Sig RF does fit in the bottom pocket, but it's tight, not something I'd want to fiddle with if I was trying to range an animal when in close on a stalk.

Last edited: