DavePwns

DavePwns

WKR
Swaro's SLC binos
SG Sky talus 6900
Havalon Knife
Leupold VX-3 or better scopes
Hanwag boots
2nd the lifeproof phone case, keep getting new cases every yr under the free warranty. Greatest thing ever
I am skeptical about replacement blade knives, how much use can you get out of them before replacing and have you ever had a blade break on you?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am skeptical about replacement blade knives, how much use can you get out of them before replacing and have you ever had a blade break on you?

Dave I was like you once and skeptical but now it's often the only knife I carry. I'm switching to the tyto now so it'll fit in my bino harness. One blade will do an whole entire elk. The 60a blades are plenty stout but side pressure will break them. I haven't broken one in a long while after figuring out it's for cutting not prying

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jon Boy

WKR
Schnees boots
Corrugate guide pants
Msr pocket rocket
Western mountaineering badger
2013 elite answer

Every thing else in my kit has seemed to let me down at least once over the years. For the record I am VERY hard on gear and don't necessarily axe gear once it has failed.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

OP
DavePwns

DavePwns

WKR
Dave I was like you once and skeptical but now it's often the only knife I carry. I'm switching to the tyto now so it'll fit in my bino harness. One blade will do an whole entire elk. The 60a blades are plenty stout but side pressure will break them. I haven't broken one in a long while after figuring out it's for cutting not prying

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Interesting, I no idea those blades could handle that much work. I'd imagine its lighter and sharper than any fixed blade

Backpacking is very personal. Just because something works for someone else, or it's the most expensive or best doesn't mean it's the best for you. I share the mindset of "buy once cry once" but it's not always the case.

Capra74

FNG
Stone Glacier Pack
kuiu Chugach Raingear and Guide Pants
First Light Merino
Barnes TTSX
Swarovski ATS-65 and 10X42 EL’s
New Ultra Light Arms Rifle
Shamwow towel
Leica Rangefinders

Btaylor

WKR