Best energy drink for long drive ahead

sasquatch

WKR
i drive long distance to hunt a lot and can go non stop longer than most. WHATS THE TRICK? MONSTER ENERGY ULTRAS AND SUNFLOWER SEEDS!!!!!!

my secret is keep your feet cool. i usually kick off the shoes and just wear light wool sox. chocolate covered coffee beans just a few at a time every other hour or so. they will make your head spin if you eat too many. lol

mherne

FNG
MTN OPS Yeti and some Blaze will keep you going with out negative effects!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

BRWNBR

WKR
Xcience energy drinks I like. Sugar free and more natural ingredients. No bull semen either. Taste good too.

rodney482

WKR
I did 22hrs straight coming home from NM mule deer hunt.
5 hr energy flat works!

*I will never ever do it again

my finest performance involved driving from southwest Virginia to Denver right after college. 22 hrs stopping only for gas. Fueled entirely by red bull, cigarettes, and good music.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Podcasts and Red Bull/monster for me. Mixed with good music. But podcasts seem to keep me engaged and thinking. If you aren't used to them about any energy drink would keep you going. I wouldn't drink that many though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive started to buy Monster muscle. It's a monster drink with 25 grams of protein. They are kind of hard to find but with the protein in there it kinda keeps me from getting the munchies on the road as well.

OK_hunter

FNG
I made the drive to and from NY to OK many times (20-22 hrs). I found a good podcast and something to snack on helped the most, if I started to get tired late at night I would stop for a red bull. If the weather was bad in the winter I would usually find a rest stop when I got tired just to be safe.

Coffee and audio books or podcasts. I dont like energy drinks, sodas or anything that has a ton of sugar. I drink my coffee with one packet of splenda just to take some of the bitterness away. Energy drinks give me heartburn and bubble gut. I have not tried any of the no sugar energy drinks. May have to give one of them a shot when I head to Colorado in a couple weeks.

mvmnts

WKR
Caffeine + L-Theanine. Windows down. Call somebody if I run into trouble staying awake.

elkduds

WKR
Had a coworker that swore by what he called electric perk: coffee w MDMA in it. Never did ride w that guy.

Take a nap, save some lives, survive to hunt in future years.

Mmcan

WKR
5 hour energy
reasonable amount of caffeine without so much volume that you'll need to make a piss stop every 100 miles

Im leaving the 13th to ToC New Mexico from DFW. I am having trouble deciding when I want to leave. I would like to be there by 10am or so on the 14th. I am thinking about leaving at 4pm and driving to either ToC or maybe El Paso and then getting a hotel. I can have one more shower and a good night sleep before I head out to truck camp for 10 days

2five7

WKR
My weakness is the whipped rockstar drinks. Strawberry and orange, tastes like dessert in a can!

OP
L
Since I started this thread a year ago, I tried many of your suggestions. 5 hour energy worked best for me with no side effects. Coffee, Monster Energy, or other caffeine causes me to look for a bathroom every 20 minutes. 5 hour energy is supposed to have caffeine, but it doesn't affect me the way the other energy drinks do. The sunflower seeds work well also, but I only use them when really needed, my mouth gets raw from eating them after a while. Stopping for gas and a P-break every 2 or 3 hours helps pick up the spirit also.
I will be making the Chama trip in another couple of weeks, and some 5 hour energy will be making the trip with me.
Good luck to everyone this year, and drive safely !!

I just did 31 hours of driving in 46 hours and the best part of that drive was while I was listening to an audio book my wife had in her car. I think keeping your mind stimulated works better than anything else.