Best energy drink for long drive ahead

rock star recovery they are non carbonated are not to bad for you from what i can tell. the lemonade one is so good it touches my soul. I have a problem.... lol

chorpie

FNG
Definitely seeds. That, and other snacks for when your mouth gets raw from all the salt.

Cut out music and add in podcasts, anything that makes your mind think. Even comedy albums. Music is easily pushed into the background by your brain, but listening to podcasts (I like stuff from Radiolab or This American Life) that make you think and actually are interesting to you will keep your brain from idling and making you sleepy.

I got skunked on my hunting trip this year, left our hunting area at 10am got home at 2am.... There were a couple stops in there for food and such, but that's what kept me awake.

coyoteman

FNG
I usually drink a NOS and chase it with coffee and also have some good podcasts ready to go. Both of these work well for me. After a certain point though no amount of caffeine can help me stay awake, I start hallucinating and dozing off and it scares the hell outa me. At that point it's time to pull over for a little nap. If you run a bit behind schedule it is what it is, not worth rolling the pickup and getting hurt.

robtattoo

WKR
I don't want to mess up my sleep patterns when I drive long distance (live in middle TN, drive to west TX, south Florida, west Wyoming etc...) So I always plan on setting off around 4am. I can happily put 14-16 hours behind the wheel before I feel sleepy. I drink coffee, but not excessively, maybe 3 or 4 cups during the day. I don't do energy drinks, shots or pills. Try to eat fruit while I'm driving & avoid large meals & heavy food.
The best thing I EVER did, was put a shell on the back of my truck & throw in a camp cot. That way I don't find myself looking for a motel I like, or thinking that I can manage another couple of hours to the next motel. I can just pull over whenever I need, wherever is convenient & actually get a GOOD sleep. A camp stove & coffee pot make it practically civilized!

warrior80

WKR
I love the Rockstar Pure Zero, Monster Ultra, and Xyience energy drinks. There are a lot of flavors of each but they work great for me when driving distances and I have no trouble falling asleep when I get to bed. I do have a high tolerance for them though. Not everyone handles them well. Those ones are all zero calories. Rockstars have the most caffeine (240 mg per 16 Oz can) and Monsters the least (140 mg). Flavors I like most, Rockstar: Silver Ice, Lemonade. Monster: Ultra Citron, Ultra Sunrise, Zero Ultra. Xyience: Cherry Lime, Mango Guava. There are also some that I like that have sugar, but no need to mention those! I know, I have a problem...but I don't like coffee and I do like energy drinks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

D_Eightch

WKR
I would personally ride the excitement of it all for the first few hours off of a little sleep and a podcast. Then a coffee, but since you dont drink coffee sip on one of the rockstars wtih 240mg of caffeine. Once the appetite picks up a bit snack on something very light. If at the end of all that you are super tired, pull over and catch a cat nap. When you are dead tired nothing will save you and the power of a quick nap at a rest area or gas station could be a life saver (literally).

Podcasts that you are into help me big time

Dinger

WKR
The best energy drink by a 1000 miles is sleep, nothing else comes close.

Do it and keep your self safe.

I don't want to mess up my sleep patterns when I drive long distance (live in middle TN, drive to west TX, south Florida, west Wyoming etc...) So I always plan on setting off around 4am. I can happily put 14-16 hours behind the wheel before I feel sleepy. I drink coffee, but not excessively, maybe 3 or 4 cups during the day. I don't do energy drinks, shots or pills. Try to eat fruit while I'm driving & avoid large meals & heavy food.
The best thing I EVER did, was put a shell on the back of my truck & throw in a camp cot. That way I don't find myself looking for a motel I like, or thinking that I can manage another couple of hours to the next motel. I can just pull over whenever I need, wherever is convenient & actually get a GOOD sleep. A camp stove & coffee pot make it practically civilized!

What? No porta-potti or table for your coffeemaker? How uncivilized.

GKPrice

Banned
Getting ready for my long drive from New Orleans to Chama, NM. Looking forward to it, but need some suggestions on what you use to keep you awake and alert while driving long hours. I am not a coffee drinker, so I am thinking something like 5 hour energy, Monster Energy, Rock Star, etc. What have you used that helps keeps you wide awake and not "riding the rumblestrip"?
The first 12 hours are great due to the excitement of the adventure that lies ahead, but it is hard to stay alert for the whole drive.

ADVOCARE "spark" ... try it and you'll see

GKPrice

Banned
Wilderness Athlete has some good stuff too - Either will do amazing things without any "BUZZ", ask an NFL player .......

2ski

WKR
Look at Uptime energy drinks. If I drank energy drinks, that's what I would drink. Taste like pop and I like the ingredients in them better. A lot of gas stations will have them.

Energy Drinks | UPTIME

Or look at 10-hr. from Eternal Energy. They make a sleeping one that my cousin really likes. I would imagine its pretty good. I want to say the guy that started it used to be up there at 5-hr, and he started this new one when his non-compete expired. You can pick it up at Walmart.

Also, check out Jubi. No experience with it, but I have a few samples. The sales pitch I was given by the rep basically referred it to legal Aderall. Some MMA fighter pushes it and owns it I believe.

jmsdad

Lil-Rokslider
Just got back from an 18hr trip...ice cubes, spitz sunflower seeds, one or two redbull drinks and lots of water. I don't drink soda or any carbonated drinks, but the redbulls help a little. Sleep is what really helps...I find that when I'm tired, I always pull off the interstate to the rest areas or gas stations and set an alarm for 30mins, 1hr and 2hrs at most. I take a nap and get up when the alarm goes off and hit the road again. Leaving at night or later evening is good, but I always hate the wee hours of the morning (4am til dawn). I find myself always taking a naps around this time.

jwatts

WKR
caffeine-and-hate-t-shirt-17.gif

That is pretty much the motto for our western hunts. Bozeman, MT is a 28hr drive from home. Split 3 ways it isn't awful. We swap drivers every tank of fuel. I have a hard time sleeping in a vehicle, so I take the late night/early morning shift. Usually after that I can catch a nap in the back seat. When we fuel up I will top off a thermos with coffee and get another large coffee to drink on. That usually keeps me alert and going. Plus, getting out of the truck helps so if I get in a bind I will stop and walk a minute and usually take that opportunity to relieve some of that coffee.

Funny I quit chewing years ago. However, when I hunt the backcountry I chew from the start of my trip(leaving the driveway) all the way to the end of the trip (entering the driveway). Somehow I never chew afterward. It works great for staying awake and passing the time.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
I steal a bag of Epinephrine from work (I'm an ICU nurse). About the time I start getting sleepy, I pull over, start an IV, and set that thing at a sloooooooow drip. I don't let up until I've reached China.

kidding