Lightweight Tarp???

j-bow

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for a quality lightweight tarp that won't break the bank. Tarp is going to be pretty much only used for a shelter to cook under and sit under during a storm. Not looking for a sleeping shelter. Family and I are doing a boundary waters canoe trip this spring and need to figure something out. I would like it to be at least 10x10, and have grommets on at least the corners. Jimmy tarps doesn't have anything like that available on eBay right now, thought I would see what you guys are using before I try and message him. Thanks in advance

I've got two that I use (I have yet to run either one but plan on bringing one of them on my upcoming goat hunt in BC in September).

- Kifaru Sheep Tarp
- Z-packs Cuben Fiber Tarp (got turned onto these tarps by the Grittybowmen podcast and this is likely the one I'll take).

Bearpaw Wilderness has a 10x10 for $108 and listings on eBay. I have one and it is good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D_Eightch

WKR
Have you taken a look at the Cookes Custom Sewing?

My buddy and I got one from them. Great tarps. We got it specifically for Boundary Waters trips

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Adventure Tarp 2 (R) by Terra Nova Equipment – Self Reliance Outfitters

This is a great tarp for the money, I use it almost every time in a wide variety of situations.
That's pretty heavy. This one I made weighs 8 oz.
5a179799b330d3cb61fcc1dc698dadef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WKR
I've been beating the brakes off my kelty Noah's tarp on the river for going on 8 years now. Thing still looks pretty new. Has done duty as group kitchen, shelter in storms, to a wrestling mat (long story). Can often find them on sale. The big one would be heavy to backpack with but canoe camping with occasional portage would be a great fit.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk