Tarp shelter

Any suggestions on a decent tarp for camping shelter? Trying to find one light wright and under 150.00.

Phaseolus

WKR
Seek Outside DST. I now use The Eolus, same weight, better storm coverage, requires one more pole. DST near timberline in picture.IMG_3338.jpegIMG_3340.jpeg

Last edited:
I ended up going with a borah gear 9x9. I added a few extra tie outs and it put it right at $150. He said it will be just over 13oz. Can’t speak to the quality or performance yet but I’ve read nothing but good reviews about the company.

OP
A
I did the same. Borah 9x9 with extra tie outs. Set it up in backyard and it went through 2 rainstorms, and it seemed to be nice and dry.

EdP

WKR
I am quite fond of my SO DST. The reinforced "center cone" is a great asset. One side of the cone has a loop providing the option to tie it up instead of using a center pole. I pitch mine with the loop down, use a center pole, and tie a line from the loop to a stake at the bottom of the pole. That keeps the wind from lifting the tarp off the pole.

Drenalin

WKR
I pitch mine with the loop down, use a center pole, and tie a line from the loop to a stake at the bottom of the pole. That keeps the wind from lifting the tarp off the pole.
Excellent tip.