Joe Rogan and Pot

JWP58

WKR
People try to blame weed for people's ambitions, memory, you name it, but I would bet good money if someone throws their life away to smoke weed all the time they would have found another way to throw their life away without weed too.

I acknowledged the fact that people who are looking to alter themselves will find a way to do so.

I really don't care if it's legal or illegal. If an adult wants to put something in their system, I say go for it as long as it doesn't effect someone else (or burden tax payers).

I'd like to not have to deal with it anymore, it smells terrible.

But I will say joe constantly says weed never hurt anyone, well he's wrong. Or maybe he's never worked an injury crash where the at fault drivers blood test comes back with only cannabinods present (and that at fault driver has no clue what planet they are on...more than likely from excessive edible consumption). But he'd probably enjoy fighting them at least, I do not.

Last edited:
This thread has obviously veered miles away from Rogan and his concurrent thoughts on both hunting and marijuana. It's now nothing more than a debate on pot legalization which of course nobody is going to win or lose here. My comments are mainly for questions and discussion.

Regarding legalization and comparing it to alcohol, I wonder if similar regulations and laws would work? I'm primarily thinking about the user/consumer. What would be the marijuana-equivalent laws to alcohol regarding driving under the influence, public intoxication (stoned outside the mall), open container, and a host of other questions. Legalizing it doesn't mean there won't be a hoard of laws regarding legal vs illegal use and the concurrent enforcement issues which accompany that. Law enforcement spends a ton of time and tax dollars enforcing alcohol-related laws and dealing with those who misbehave with that substance. The same WILL be true with cannabis if legalized. Making it legal to possess will not suddenly free up our law enforcement community and legal system to ignore marijuana. Rather, it will result in a new library of laws and enforcement efforts centered around acceptable, legal use, and dealing with use-related crimes...just as with alcohol today. I'm in no way saying cannabis and alcohol are similar in effect. I am saying there will be bad actors associated with pot, just as there are with alcohol. It's rather disingenuous for anyone to paint a picture of a happy idyllic family where mom and dad are rolling and sharing a joint after dinner while the kids watch television. Is a roach in an a vehicle ashtray the same as an open bottle of vodka...legally? Will it be? Your opinion is just as valid as mine at this point.

I don't want my wife to be out on the road along with a truck driver who's had one of anything if it affects his driving.

I will opinionate something: I think resistance to legalization is as much belief-oriented and cultural as it is logical (or illogical to some). A huge segment of people believe we simply have too many people impaired by substances...period. They believe cannabis impairs people when it's used. They know alcohol and many other substances of abuse cause real impairment and put a huge strain on all of us in terms of our spent tax dollars and hours of law enforcement utilized. For many, cannabis (remaining illegal) represents a line in the sand issue. Legalize it and it won't be enough for those who advocate a free-to-choose society. The line gets moved but will be asked to move again and again as a segment of our population wants greater access to (currently illegal) substances and gradually moves the needle toward a drug-tolerant society. Those negatively affected by drugs and drug users don't view increasing societal acceptance of drugs as producing a better quality of life or reducing crime. Again...it's a line they will fight to hold. Ideology vs Ideology.

Soapbox for me: I've always been about personal responsibility and accountability. People who put addictive and toxic substances in their bodies as a lifestyle thing should NOT be asking the rest of us to pay their bills in life. You smoke...get cancer...don't come looking for government medical assistance. You're out of work...smoke weed...there goes your unemployment income. You weigh 385 pounds and have diabetes...please don't ask me to pay for your insulin, antidepressants, cookies and a nice, close parking space. If you get drunk and hurt someone, you're going to hurt more...by a factor of 5. Should I be asked to pay for narcan and an EMS crew plus transport for a opioid addict who will repeat this process x times as long as I/we enable them financially and socially? Come on...I can't afford that EMS crew in a direct-pay situation myself, but an unemployed (forever) heroin-shooter gets a free ticket? We are not helping ourselves by accepting (both) people's right to abusively use substances, and then handling the costs of it. If a drunk driver took your wife's life would you feel sorry for him if he had to pay money for 20 years or lose his home in order to account for the direct costs of his behavior? If the blood tests showed only the existence of cannabinoids, would you give him a pass?

I see potential benefits and big problems in legalization. Some things might improve. Unintended consequences can't be brushed aside. I suppose in the end it comes down to the old cost-benefit ratio, except proving any of it is difficult.

MidwestElkHutner

Lil-Rokslider
This thread has obviously veered miles away from Rogan and his concurrent thoughts on both hunting and marijuana. It's now nothing more than a debate on pot legalization which of course nobody is going to win or lose here. My comments are mainly for questions and discussion.

Regarding legalization and comparing it to alcohol, I wonder if similar regulations and laws would work? I'm primarily thinking about the user/consumer. What would be the marijuana-equivalent laws to alcohol regarding driving under the influence, public intoxication (stoned outside the mall), open container, and a host of other questions. Legalizing it doesn't mean there won't be a hoard of laws regarding legal vs illegal use and the concurrent enforcement issues which accompany that. Law enforcement spends a ton of time and tax dollars enforcing alcohol-related laws and dealing with those who misbehave with that substance. The same WILL be true with cannabis if legalized. Making it legal to possess will not suddenly free up our law enforcement community and legal system to ignore marijuana. Rather, it will result in a new library of laws and enforcement efforts centered around acceptable, legal use, and dealing with use-related crimes...just as with alcohol today. I'm in no way saying cannabis and alcohol are similar in effect. I am saying there will be bad actors associated with pot, just as there are with alcohol. It's rather disingenuous for anyone to paint a picture of a happy idyllic family where mom and dad are rolling and sharing a joint after dinner while the kids watch television. Is a roach in an a vehicle ashtray the same as an open bottle of vodka...legally? Will it be? Your opinion is just as valid as mine at this point.

I don't want my wife to be out on the road along with a truck driver who's had one of anything if it affects his driving.

I will opinionate something: I think resistance to legalization is as much belief-oriented and cultural as it is logical (or illogical to some). A huge segment of people believe we simply have too many people impaired by substances...period. They believe cannabis impairs people when it's used. They know alcohol and many other substances of abuse cause real impairment and put a huge strain on all of us in terms of our spent tax dollars and hours of law enforcement utilized. For many, cannabis (remaining illegal) represents a line in the sand issue. Legalize it and it won't be enough for those who advocate a free-to-choose society. The line gets moved but will be asked to move again and again as a segment of our population wants greater access to (currently illegal) substances and gradually moves the needle toward a drug-tolerant society. Those negatively affected by drugs and drug users don't view increasing societal acceptance of drugs as producing a better quality of life or reducing crime. Again...it's a line they will fight to hold. Ideology vs Ideology.

Soapbox for me: I've always been about personal responsibility and accountability. People who put addictive and toxic substances in their bodies as a lifestyle thing should NOT be asking the rest of us to pay their bills in life. You smoke...get cancer...don't come looking for government medical assistance. You're out of work...smoke weed...there goes your unemployment income. You weigh 385 pounds and have diabetes...please don't ask me to pay for your insulin, antidepressants, cookies and a nice, close parking space. If you get drunk and hurt someone, you're going to hurt more...by a factor of 5. Should I be asked to pay for narcan and an EMS crew plus transport for a opioid addict who will repeat this process x times as long as I/we enable them financially and socially? Come on...I can't afford that EMS crew in a direct-pay situation myself, but an unemployed (forever) heroin-shooter gets a free ticket? We are not helping ourselves by accepting (both) people's right to abusively use substances, and then handling the costs of it. If a drunk driver took your wife's life would you feel sorry for him if he had to pay money for 20 years or lose his home in order to account for the direct costs of his behavior? If the blood tests showed only the existence of cannabinoids, would you give him a pass?

I see potential benefits and big problems in legalization. Some things might improve. Unintended consequences can't be brushed aside. I suppose in the end it comes down to the old cost-benefit ratio, except proving any of it is difficult.

I couldn't have said it better myself!!! It isn't a simple legal or illegal question. Do I favor legalization.....probably. Are there going to be unintended consequences to legalization...most definitely!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
After reading all 14 pages, I just wanna say I think making kids work in the hay fields after high school two-adays should be made illegal. Now that really sucked. That's all

And here I was thinking that we need more of this ^^^^^^^. Not having the kids working should be child abuse......it ruins them for life, and turns them into the panty waste society we see today.......with or without pot.

"Bottom line is, if you need to chemically alter your mind to have a good time maybe you should do some soul searching and look for "why" that is."

Do you search your soul every time you have a cup of coffee?

hunter4life

Lil-Rokslider
Of course they are it puts a halt on their world domination of the pain management. Big phama can kick rocks they are now one of the leading contributors to the death rate in America. Much rather see folks doing something natural to control pain then their crap any day. How many pot overdoses and death have been recorded? Big phat 0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You obviously do not have a very firm grasp on reality. Modern medicine and modern drugs have made life a heck of a lot more comfortable for all of us.
And by the way, nothing changes the death rate. We are all going to die.

You obviously do not have a very firm grasp on reality. Modern medicine and modern drugs have made life a heck of a lot more comfortable for all of us.
And by the way, nothing changes the death rate. We are all going to die.

I don't think you understand what a death rate is...

I think the real question here is, what would Jesus do?

cf0d10d5ccb78617a06c1345f9f7cef6.jpg

Well alrighty then, I guess we have our answer.

nflesher

Lil-Rokslider
And here I was thinking that we need more of this ^^^^^^^. Not having the kids working should be child abuse......it ruins them for life, and turns them into the panty waste society we see today.......with or without pot.

I agree completely, and that was my sarcastic way of saying I was raised to not mess with the stuff because I was being worked like a borrowed beat mule by every farmer in a 10 mile area. Need to relax to sleep, I bet man handling 1000 square bails in 90 degree heat will fix you right up. I guess it made me realize I had to grow up, work hard, and be responsible with my hard earned money. Now we teach entitlement in schools.....

I agree with Mr. Dill. I really have no care what a grown responsible adult does on his free and personal time, but when you start asking for government handouts, payouts, free, free, free, I have a huge problem with it.

Last edited:
I agree completely, and that was my sarcastic way of saying I was raised to not mess with the stuff because I was being worked like a borrowed beat mule by every farmer in a 10 mile area. Need to relax to sleep, I bet man handling 1000 square bails in 90 degree heat will fix you right up. I guess it made me realize I had to grow up, work hard, and be responsible with my hard earned money. Now we teach entitlement in schools.....

I agree with Mr. Dill. I really have no care what a grown responsible adult does on his free and personal time, but when you start asking for government handouts, payouts, free, free, free, I have a huge problem with it.

Hard work today is a pipe dream handled by the few not the many anymore. When you can make a living off being A dumbass on the internet why would kids want to break their back for 50 years to earn a living. Would you rather be a bricklayer or a blogger. That sentence 20 years ago wasn't even a possibility.

I am terrified for when these people become 60-70 years of age. Have they saved appropriately? Do they have the funds to support themselves when their "career" is over?

To your second point, I see a lot of people singling out individuals who get handouts, but why is that same attitude not placed to business? Millions of dollars are handed out every year to businesses as well, not just pot heads looking for a free ride.

And every kid getting a trophy ruins them all. The winner for not being able to see what their hard work is for. And the lose for getting the feeling that they don't need to work hard to get results.

As far as government handouts. They talk about Social Security running out of money all the time. They never talk about welfare and food stamps running out of money. What's the difference between the two. One group actually paid in to it and the other is getting it for free. Along with food stamps/welfare they should get a trophy, because they didn't earn it.

And the smartest thing I ever did as a kid was to choose the top tier in the tobacco barn. I also know about slinging bails off the trailer into the hay loft because grandad was too poor to afford a lift. I would sling until the trailer got low, and farther away from the door. Then my older brother would take over.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk