Copper fouling

TexanSam

Lil-Rokslider
Does any of you "been there, done that" type experienced guys have any tricks or tips y'all recommend for getting rid of copper fouling? My new rifle took a dip in accuracy around the 250-300 round mark (that's what I get for using cheap ammo).

I'm currently using bore foam type cleaner but it seems that it is kind of an all day ordeal. My 30-30 and 223 never fouled as bad or as quick as my 300 win Mag so it wasn't a problem to periodically do an all day gun clean, but with this rifle fouling this quick I'd like to find a more time efficient method.

Thanks

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

I like butches bore shine. Run a patch, give it 5 minutes, start running dry patches. Repeat as necessary. Works for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bore Tech Eliminator. Follow the instructions on the bottle. Do it two or three times, and it will remove ALL of the copper. It might take about an hour, but it will work.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
I have used Sweets and GunSlick in the past and they worked ok. A little more elbow grease to eliminate the fouling.

Switched over to Boretech eliminator and really have been impressed thus far. Just followed the instructions on the bottle. It has cleaned better and faster than the above mentioned solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
The barrel has more to do with copper buildup than anything.
It took 2 hours to scrub a Rem 700 barrel clean, my Brux doesn't have copper after 100 shots. The fine Jb bore paste on a patch, over a nylon brush will scrub it out. I use wipe-out a cpl times a year on the Brux.