craziness of BrandX worship

I don't even read the clothing forum.

I also agree with the comment that the packs are the worse. I don't read that forum either. Try to say anything criticizing Kxxxxx around here and you better have your rabies shot.

Savage99

WKR
^^^^This! Trekking poles, puffies, food, gaiters......oh and undies too. Love the Costco stuff. Except for packs, Exo or Die.

I have my wife hawking costco for the puffy. Wondering what month they normally get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is probably going to ruffle some feathers but I am just cracking up at some of the flat out worship of specific brands of hunting gear. I get wanting to support a company you like. I get even encouraging others to support that company but really it gets bizarre at times. Crap, I have brands I like but i dont put a 5 square foot sticker of their logo in my truck window. I know there are a bunch of Kifaru fans on here and with social media its pretty easy to show off your new toys and the way you configure the packs, tents etc. and that can be helpful, but The clothing fans take it to a whole new level. Certain fans seems to get flat out ridiculous. I have seen social media posts 50 comments long about the color of their underwear. not kidding. why the hell do we need camo underwear anyway? Just saw a guy talking about doing an "unboxing" segment on his Kxxx purchase. this is the stuff my mom watches on youtube, (unboxing of Mary Cay products). And hunters are all moist over each others camo underwear. Crap there is used underwear for sale on here. (the day i buy a used pair of skivvies I want someone to shoot me. It is painfully obvious why manbuns, wanna-be a special operator beards and rompers for men are so popular. We have turned into a bunch of sally's. The cult like following some of these brands is just silly. And just for the sake of saying it. YOUR CAMO PATTERN DOESN'T REALLY MATTER. As long as as your jacket matches your pants and underwear i guess. I am 100% convinced there is some gay nightclub in Davis where you get in for free if you are wearing a matching set of Verde 2.0 (or vias on retro night)
Anyway. Going to go shop ebay for some $75 used underwear now.

Cheers (I am guessing I will either be lauded or banned for this)

Aren't you a little too close to San Fran to be buying used underwear?

Owenst7

WKR
I have my wife hawking costco for the puffy. Wondering what month they normally get them.

Mine here in Reno got the women's (32 degrees brand) about a month ago. They got the men's (Gerry brand, 650 fill) in last week. They had a mens with synthetic fill for about a month, but it fits square like a bag. I'm 5'10" and needed an XL for sleeve length.

Costco puffy in mens medium weighs about 12.5 ounces. I got a "Free Tech" one from Sierra Trading Post a month ago that's nearly identical but weighs 10 ounces. Only real difference between the two is the zippers as far as I can tell. Both were $29.99.

My store has already sold out of two orders of the $20 down quilts. I've been using them in my hammock comfortably down to low 50s/mid 40s.

Buy what works. I can't think of one thing I own, not just hunting related, that I have just for the name printed on it.

A few observation and opinions from a guy you have no reason to listen too. Not in any order.

1)Whats wrong with man buns? My wife likes mine and I'm strong like Samson.

2)My BlackOvis merino is not nearly as comfortable as my First lite. Worth the extra money when I'll be wearing it day in and day out for a week. I buy it cause it works, not because the brand name.

3)My Horn hunter Full Curl is made in America and is the most pack I could afford. I could have settled on a cheaper pack made overseas but I will spend more for American made, as should you all. It is way more versatile than my previous pack, but I don't think it's that much more comfortable. Worth the money to me know its made in America and they have a great warranty. I would buy a Kifaru if I could afford it as to save weight, not so I could be a part of the Kifaru club.

4)I have assorted clothing of different price and quality. Sometime the more expensive pieces don't live up to the premium price, but most of it does.I know most clothing is not made in America, but if it was I would pay a premium for it if it performed on the same level.

5) Smartwool and Darn tough are both American made and high quality so they also get my business. I believe the kirkland socks are also USA made FWIW.

6)There is a vocal group in every crowd who make it all about the gear and not about the experience. You won't change them so don't even try. (this thread is pointless)

7)It's good to manage money well but don't brag about how you buy cheap imports over "expensive" American made goods. You just end up looking like an angry old man who wants his cake and eats it too. Most people in America have no clue what goes into bringing a product to market and having folks talk down on it based on the price is appalling.

8)supplements might work. Don't know don't really care. Everyone thinking they're Cam Haines is laughable, but at least they're excited about fitness and working out, you know, the thing most Americans are famous for not doing.

9)flat billed hats are, in my opinion, less useful than one with a curled bill. However the people who wear them are less irritating to me than the kind of people who start a thread on a forum to complain about it.

10) Hunters are a small group and we need to stick together. Let people ride around in their stupid lifted camo painted sticker plastered trucks and you do your own thing. At the end of the day we all lose if we are fighting with ourselves.

Jeep guys are worse...Better have the right lift, or beadlocks or gears, etc......conversations on this site are pretty tame. Go over on Wayalife and watch the fireworks....lol.

Savage99

WKR
Buy what works. I can't think of one thing I own, not just hunting related, that I have just for the name printed on it.

A few observation and opinions from a guy you have no reason to listen too. Not in any order.

1)Whats wrong with man buns? My wife likes mine and I'm strong like Samson.

2)My BlackOvis merino is not nearly as comfortable as my First lite. Worth the extra money when I'll be wearing it day in and day out for a week. I buy it cause it works, not because the brand name.

3)My Horn hunter Full Curl is made in America and is the most pack I could afford. I could have settled on a cheaper pack made overseas but I will spend more for American made, as should you all. It is way more versatile than my previous pack, but I don't think it's that much more comfortable. Worth the money to me know its made in America and they have a great warranty. I would buy a Kifaru if I could afford it as to save weight, not so I could be a part of the Kifaru club.

4)I have assorted clothing of different price and quality. Sometime the more expensive pieces don't live up to the premium price, but most of it does.I know most clothing is not made in America, but if it was I would pay a premium for it if it performed on the same level.

5) Smartwool and Darn tough are both American made and high quality so they also get my business. I believe the kirkland socks are also USA made FWIW.

6)There is a vocal group in every crowd who make it all about the gear and not about the experience. You won't change them so don't even try. (this thread is pointless)

7)It's good to manage money well but don't brag about how you buy cheap imports over "expensive" American made goods. You just end up looking like an angry old man who wants his cake and eats it too. Most people in America have no clue what goes into bringing a product to market and having folks talk down on it based on the price is appalling.

8)supplements might work. Don't know don't really care. Everyone thinking they're Cam Haines is laughable, but at least they're excited about fitness and working out, you know, the thing most Americans are famous for not doing.

9)flat billed hats are, in my opinion, less useful than one with a curled bill. However the people who wear them are less irritating to me than the kind of people who start a thread on a forum to complain about it.

10) Hunters are a small group and we need to stick together. Let people ride around in their stupid lifted camo painted sticker plastered trucks and you do your own thing. At the end of the day we all lose if we are fighting with ourselves.

Did we just become best friends??? Lol

(Step brothers quote for ya'll)

1) I'm jealous you're not losing your hair...

the_bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Depends how you feel about bunk beds and room for activities.

Yep, I bet we could be friends as well. Only comment I've read on this thread that was worth it was yours haha. If you ever need help packing out, just give me a shout. Another fellow long haired dude

ljalberta

WKR

Puffy Jackets popped into the Costcos near me (Alberta) about a month ago, and the vests were in a few weeks prior to that. I'm currently waiting for this years batch of pure merino longsleeeves. Grab a few every year for hunting and everyday wear.

mlmtx01

FNG
I'm from Texas. I know some of ya'll hate Texans cause we brag and are proud, but I wish I had a picture of my grandpa standing at 10,000' wearing boots, western pants, cotton everything, boning out an elk.

I just bought a 100 gram insulated, used Primaloft jacket, in solid red. Nylon shell and liner. Should come in at 14 ounces or so. I paid a whopping $10 for it. I like the red color idea as the blood I get on it will blend in better.