Why doesn’t anyone make a good camo patterned blaze orange vest.

LL Bean currently sells one with a nice pattern. It isn't a soft-shell type vest, but I have the solid one and it's a simple, good quality blaze vest.

Pretend your backpack straps and binocular harness are branches.
This. In rifle seasons I'm usually wearing a bino harness and backpack anyway, not a whole lotta orange left after that aside from an orange cap. I do like that Kryptek vest somebody posted. I hate wearing cheap vests though, we spend so much money on quality gear just to cover it with a cotton piece of junk to hold moisture and cover all our pockets. Sure would be nice for the big names to put out some good outer layers in solid orange and broken orange patterns.

vermeire

Lil-Rokslider
LL Bean currently sells one with a nice pattern. It isn't a soft-shell type vest, but I have the solid one and it's a simple, good quality blaze vest.

This would be my recommendation as well. I've been wearing the blaze camo version for about 5 years and it's held up great. LL Bean reinvented themselves several years ago and their hunting gear is really nice. It may not be on par with Sitka or such but it's also not in the same price ranges.

nobody

WKR
Maybe because some of the F&G Depts that require Blaze orange say "solid".
Was going to jump on and say this. To the OP, they’re not sold because most states require solid blaze. Colorado has gone as far as to state in their regulations: “Colorado law requires that you wear at least 500 square inches of solid daylight fluorescent orange, including a head covering, and it must be visible from all directions. Camo orange does not qualify.”

As far as I’m concerned, a camo orange vest would be even more of a niche product than the high tech gear the companies the OP rattled off currently make. It wouldn’t be cost effective to make an extreme niche product for any company, which is why I’m sure not many companies do make them. If it was a product that was in demand by more than a select few, I’m sure these companies would make them. Personally, I don’t care about needing to wear a flimsy mesh orange vest on top of my high tech gear, so even if somebody made a “high tech” blaze orange vest, I know I wouldn’t be in the market for it. And I wear expensive hunting gear.

Mudpuddle

Lil-Rokslider
Orange Aglow makes a good one with some digital camo to break up the silhouette. I use it and the quality is pretty good for an inexpensive blaze orange vest.

WKR
I'm guessing this is regionally specific. As a Midwestern whitetail hunter, I hate the blob of orange vest. Seems like it would stick out more than something with a breakup. If that doesn't make sense to you or isn't legal in your area, you are probably not the target audience to provide input in this topic.

I don't wear a backpack or a bino harness. I just walk into the woods with the minimum legal amount of orange and my rifle.

There is a Klarney vest on amazon that states that it has 500" of orange, but good luck proving that to a warden in the field.

Last edited: