Ethics question

I’m not sure how this is even a question, it’s not your land so stay off of it. You do this in Idaho and I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t end well for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was different from me when I moved out west as well. In Vermont, where I grew up, you could hunt private property without permission if it was not posted. It was the landowners responsibility to post his property, visibly with proper signs 400 ft apart around the boundary. If it wasnt posted we could hunt it.

AdamW

WKR
You're trespassing on someone else's property without permission. All the pre-story info doesn't change anything. Hunt there if you want, but let's not tiptoe around whether it is trespassing or not.

Owenst7

WKR
This was different from me when I moved out west as well. In Vermont, where I grew up, you could hunt private property without permission if it was not posted. It was the landowners responsibility to post his property, visibly with proper signs 400 ft apart around the boundary. If it wasnt posted we could hunt it.

That's how it is in NV. There are entire units here that are checkerboard and would be unhuntable if you weren't familiar with the law.

Get something in writing from the governing body that would be issuing a citation. Free legal advice from someone on the Internet isn't going to do jack for you when you have a conversation with an LEO.

OP
H
Walking on property that isn't yours in GA isn't trespassing by legal definition, and the land owner has no signage up and refuses to sign an affidavit. I never asked for legal advice, I didn't grow up hunting, I've got no one to show me the ropes or talk to about this. Things are a bit different in the south than they are in Idaho. How about instead of being a ****ing asshole, you help someone out that is asking a question. I rely on hunting now that I'm not working, to put food on the table. Trying to educate myself by using a tool such as the internet is a mixed bag....getting real with people that have the same affinity towards hunting as I do seemed like a good way to learn a thing or 2. Thanks to the folks that actually helped me out.

MattB

WKR
This is a legal question. not one of ethics. From what has been posted previously (and I would encourage you to research/validate it separately), it would be illegal for you to hunt the property in question without permission of the owner.

colersu22

WKR
Walking on property that isn't yours in GA isn't trespassing by legal definition, and the land owner has no signage up and refuses to sign an affidavit. I never asked for legal advice, I didn't grow up hunting, I've got no one to show me the ropes or talk to about this. Things are a bit different in the south than they are in Idaho. How about instead of being a ****ing asshole, you help someone out that is asking a question. I rely on hunting now that I'm not working, to put food on the table. Trying to educate myself by using a tool such as the internet is a mixed bag....getting real with people that have the same affinity towards hunting as I do seemed like a good way to learn a thing or 2. Thanks to the folks that actually helped me out.

People did answer your question and you didn't like the answer, no need for name calling. I personally agree with others that if it isn't your property and you don't have permission stay off.

Bcole82

FNG

Hahahaha....sorry, but stuff like this blows my mind. It’s unreal to think people have to ask if ethically it’s okay to hunt on someone else’s property, and we’re not talking about “walking”on someone else’s property. You said hunting, that’s a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk