Trekking poles

Brett8133

Lil-Rokslider
What’s a good set of light weight trekking poles . Looking to add a set to my gear this year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will recommend black diamond carbon zpoles good warranty with the company and for ultra lightweight very durable

ljalberta

WKR
Value wise I'd saying the Cascade Mountain ones from Costco without a doubt! I also have a pair of Black Diamond Carbon Cork poles that are far more expensive and truly well built if you want to spend the money for a premium set. The Black Diamond Carbon Corks are certainly the better pair, but I'm not sure I'd buy another set as long as the Cascade Mountain ones are still available. It's hard to beat the Costco ones - I even took them over the Black Diamond one's on my sheep hunt last year.

^^^This. I have several different pairs of trekking poles including Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork, Cascade Mountain (bought at Costco), and Locus Gear. I will say that I use my Locus Gear poles far more than all the others simply because they’re the lightest, but for $29, the ones from Costco are hard to beat and they are just a little bit heavier than the Locus Gear. If I could only own one pair, it would definitely be the Cascade Mountains.

I have Easton compact carbons. Collapse down to fit in the pack while hunting. Whatever you choose,I recommend lever locks over twist style poles. I have had nothing but trouble from the twist style

i want to add a question to the discussion too...Carbon or Aluminum? I had what i thought was a good set in the Hiker Hunger poles i got on Amazon. They broke while being used for my tarp setup. so looking again myself.

Mt Al

WKR
I have Easton compact carbons. Collapse down to fit in the pack while hunting. Whatever you choose,I recommend lever locks over twist style poles. I have had nothing but trouble from the twist style

^^^This. Twist lock sucks. My next ones will be lever lock!

bivouaclarry

Lil-Rokslider
Whatever you decide, get lever locks. Twist locks frequently fail. FWIW, I broke a carbon Leki in a fall that was ultra expensive and was able to get zero response from their customer service.

OP
Brett8133

Brett8133

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the input guys I’m gonna go on line and check out these Costco ones .

Disco14

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone for the input- I'm in the same boat as OP and think I'll give the Costco ones a shot.