Trekking Poles when you need your hands

gabenzeke

WKR
Yeah, but then You bend over to pick them up and your (sweaty) shirt rides up your back exposing your sweaty skin to your backpack and sometimes, if your bino harness isn’t closed, your binos fall, maybe you even lose a wind checker bottle.
Good girls bend at the knees, not the waist.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

taskswap

WKR
This isn't meant to be flip. But I just set them down? If I want a snack I'm usually near a log or rock I'm about to sit on. I just lean them against it. Why complicate things?

OP
P

Poser

WKR
Yeah that's why you have to learn it

You probably won’t find a bigger proponent on Rokslide of the benefits of squatting. My take on this matter is well documented. However, when it comes to picking something up off the ground, your natural inclination to bend over and pick it up is the correct way and from a physics standpoint, the most efficient.

CorbLand

WKR
You probably won’t find a bigger proponent on Rokslide of the benefits of squatting. My take on this matter is well documented. However, when it comes to picking something up off the ground, your natural inclination to bend over and pick it up is the correct way and from a physics standpoint, the most efficient.
The best and most efficient way of doing things is dictated by the circumstances. In the case of having a heavy pack, not wanting your shirt to ride up and/or binos falling out, squatting is more efficient.

But, the best way I have found is to use one strap over the other and hold both in one hand. If I need both hands, I lean or hook them on the nearest bush, tree, rock, etc.

Last edited:

grfox92

WKR
I lean them against my partner and then he moves and they fall down. Then I pick them up and lean them against me and they fall down and I pick them back up. Then I collapse them and tuck them next to my water bottle because I'm annoyed.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk