Rokslide at the SHEEP show

Just saw Ryans vid with Kenton of First Lite.
3 new pieces in 2018 for me:
Puffy, Catalyst, Corr guide top.

I am not a soft shell guy , cant stand shooting my bow in them or the heavy bulky stiff feel. The Cat looks like it wants to win me over to soft shell, as it addressed every criticism I had towards soft shells. Stiff, heavy, bulky.

I love puffys, and love the woodbury in their line up.
The woodbury when you handle it seemed big, heavy and cumbersome, but once I put it on, I loved it and it didn't feel as heavy as it did just holding it. But the new puffy, if it is warmer than the LPP from Kifaru, well that is gonna be a no brainer. And lighter yet than the woodbury, awesome.

The Corrigate Guide top- I hunt in AZ, that area shreds clothes, and is often quite hot. I can mix this with an aerowool 1/4 zip and be set.

I have been with FL for years and I believe others will try them this year for the first but not last time.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
First Lite
[video=youtube_share;-3QRkskM3j8]https://youtu.be/-3QRkskM3j8[/video]

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Stopped and Talked to Butch about Altitude.

[video=youtube_share;jW-6TfEEqu8]https://youtu.be/jW-6TfEEqu8[/video]

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I still have several more videos but I'm in Vegas now and the internet sucks but I'm working on them.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
That first lite video is awesome, thanks for putting that together and getting them to explain their new stuff a little more in-depth. I really like that I could just watch it on you tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
Stopped and Talked to Butch about Altitude.

[video=youtube_share;jW-6TfEEqu8]https://youtu.be/jW-6TfEEqu8[/video]

This was quite informative as well going into the process of wet printing VS heat type transfer and what it looks like at night. Cool stuff.
Kryptek has not been on my radar but I could see looking more seriously at the line they were discussing.

sr80

WKR
do you have that video you did with Stone Glacier with the new 40/56 pack? I tried watching the live instagram video but it kept just freezing up for me.

OP
mfllood3800
That first lite video is awesome, thanks for putting that together and getting them to explain their new stuff a little more in-depth. I really like that I could just watch it on you tube.

Yep - prices will come down, varying per item.
Sizing will change and be better, but I felt they still see room for even better fit in the future.
Pre - order March early arriving after spring bear

Stronger base layers with improved aerowool design
Cool stuff.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried the FL soft shell on in Reno and I literally said.. wowwwwww. It's so dang quiet and just not like another soft shell I've seen. For me, it may replace a fleece mid-layer.. that hooded fleece quarter zip looks pretty awesome as well though. We'll see, I may have one to try out for a sheep hunt next month.

Last edited:

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I tried the FL soft shell on in Reno and I literally said.. wowwwwww. It's so dang quiet and just not like another soft shell I've seen. For me, it may replace a fleece mid-layer.. that hooded fleece quarter zip looks pretty awesome as well though. We'll see, I may have one to try out for a sheep hunt next month.

I was just thinking about that same thing - post up what you think if you do it please. It’s a pretty light softshell and if it breathes and blocks wind like they say, it could really be nice to have.

I was thinking about trying to just run the sawtooth and an aerowool baselayer for bow season though......I like that FL has so many options these days that are designed to range widely.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
do you have that video you did with Stone Glacier with the new 40/56 pack? I tried watching the live instagram video but it kept just freezing up for me.

Working on it now. It’s still kind of hard to hear because the overhead announcer would not shut up:)

dotman

WKR
I was just thinking about that same thing - post up what you think if you do it please. It’s a pretty light softshell and if it breathes and blocks wind like they say, it could really be nice to have.

I was thinking about trying to just run the sawtooth and an aerowool baselayer for bow season though......I like that FL has so many options these days that are designed to range widely.

Sawtooth and aerowool are what I’m planning for this coming archery season.

OP
mfllood3800

This is what I am looking to do. My fleece layers were ok, my soft shell was a pain- this new soft shell is gonna fit right in.

OP
mfllood3800
Sawtooth and aerowool are what I’m planning for this coming archery season.

I have a sawtooth for sale right now - large, cant remember if its fusion or cipher, but it is NIB with tags.
Buy this from me so I can get the new soft shell.
lol

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Stone Glacier Krux EVO
[video=youtube_share;BpClkANmjqc]https://youtu.be/BpClkANmjqc[/video]

dotman

WKR
I have a sawtooth for sale right now - large, cant remember if its fusion or cipher, but it is NIB with tags.
Buy this from me so I can get the new soft shell.
lol

Already have one in Fusion, I wish the L was my size, I was at Scheels the other day and they had a L in cipher for cheap. You might just have to let yours go cheap, I keep hearing the new soft shell will have a very good price point.

OP
mfllood3800
Already have one in Fusion, I wish the L was my size, I was at Scheels the other day and they had a L in cipher for cheap. You might just have to let yours go cheap, I keep hearing the new soft shell will have a very good price point.

I have buddies that are gonna try hunting this year, I can get them into the cool kids camo pretty cheap I guess. lol
The weird thing is it fits me perfectly, other than my arms, its tight- doable just tight. What I like about all this technical clothing we have today is none of it feels heavy cumbersome or binding. This piece kind of goes against that.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
[video=youtube_share;GhHEDqIjISQ]https://youtu.be/GhHEDqIjISQ[/video]

bellboy

Lil-Rokslider
Would you say this scope is the go to scope for a guy that wants to dial yardage for $1000?