Trout guide Estes Park Colorado

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
Have any of you guys done a guided fishing trip around this area and recommend someone? I have a buddy flying in from nyc and I’m not a great fisherman to begin with so I’m kinda interested in doing a guided trip. Do they want you to fly-fish? Are they gonna scoff at regular fishing rods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
Have had good enjoyable outings with multiple guides from Laughing Grizzly in Longmont and Front Range Anglers in Boulder. Kirks in estes had a little more touristy aimed vibe and the guide we had left to grab some water from the truck and disappeared for an hour on us. I have only been fly fishing with so i don't know about spinning rods but Fly fishing is fairly easy to pick up(especially with guide untangling all your knots) if you want to try.

sndmn11

WKR
If you call Front Range Anglers and ask for your guide to be Andrew Zentner, he fishes both with tackle and fly. If they give you a hard time, PM me and I will get you his cell number.

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
I went with Kirk's a few years back. It was a decent experience. It was Mother's day and dumping snow, and we caught lots of fish, so a cool experience. It was a half day, and we just stayed in one spot right below the dam in Estes. The weather and fish mad it memorable. I wouldn't hesitate to do a full day, or backpack trip with them, although I definitely agree they seem the touristy attracting shop, being where it is.