South Fork Snake River July 2024

Any SE Idaho or Western Wyoming Roksliders interested in splitting a boat for a one-day guided fly fishing trip on the south fork of the Snake? Date likely July 3rd, but can talk about that.

My family and I (myself, wife, two kids, and mom) will be out there this summer and while I will do some DIY fishing during the trip, really wanted to try to do a guided trip down the South Fork. But, nobody else in my group will fish, so it's hard to justify $900 bucks spent solely on myself during a family vacation. Not saying they are charging too much (it is a free market, after all), but reality is, I can do a lot of stuff with my wife and kids for that amount of money while we're on vacation. Becomes a little easier to justify when the cost gets cut in half.

If interested, shoot me a PM and we can talk further. I have not booked anything yet as I wanted to gauge interest. Thanks all.

S.Clancy

WKR
Any SE Idaho or Western Wyoming Roksliders interested in splitting a boat for a one-day guided fly fishing trip on the south fork of the Snake? Date likely July 3rd, but can talk about that.

My family and I (myself, wife, two kids, and mom) will be out there this summer and while I will do some DIY fishing during the trip, really wanted to try to do a guided trip down the South Fork. But, nobody else in my group will fish, so it's hard to justify $900 bucks spent solely on myself during a family vacation. Not saying they are charging too much (it is a free market, after all), but reality is, I can do a lot of stuff with my wife and kids for that amount of money while we're on vacation. Becomes a little easier to justify when the cost gets cut in half.

If interested, shoot me a PM and we can talk further. I have not booked anything yet as I wanted to gauge interest. Thanks all.
You should look at just renting a drift boat or raft. I've fished the SF of the Snake, it's not technical enough to need a guide, IMO

Riplip

WKR
One of my favorite rivers to fish. If you do decided to go, give World Cast Anglers a call for the guide. They run a great shop. If you can swing a guided trip is worth it.

OP
W
You should look at just renting a drift boat or raft. I've fished the SF of the Snake, it's not technical enough to need a guide, IMO
That's an interesting idea I had not considered. Still think I need another person though. Someone has to row while the other person is fishing.

S.Clancy

WKR
That's an interesting idea I had not considered. Still think I need another person though. Someone has to row while the other person is fishing.
Depending on the section, that river sets up nice for anchoring and fishing. So, solo is doable for sure. You could also row some of the family down and fish your way as well. It's a cool river