Your 2017 Plans

Clark33

WKR
Well.... with my 18 pts for deer here in WA I hope to draw a tag... been saying that the last 10 years though.

We will hopefully draw our WY Mule Deer and Antelope tags for our annual hunt but the draws have been getting tougher and tougher.

And my dad and I were planning on heading to SE Idaho for OTC mule deer but after this winter not sure if that'd be worth the drive and vacation hours used.

Well.... with my 18 pts for deer here in WA I hope to draw a tag... been saying that the last 10 years though.

We will hopefully draw our WY Mule Deer and Antelope tags for our annual hunt but the draws have been getting tougher and tougher.

And my dad and I were planning on heading to SE Idaho for OTC mule deer but after this winter not sure if that'd be worth the drive and vacation hours used.

Worth the experience at least but might not be the best opportunity to bag a buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping to pull off an amazing year, if my bank account and girlfriend will let me.

Montana Black bear in late May, OTC
Montana Gen Deer if I draw
North Dakota Deer, OTC
Idaho Elk and Deer, OTC
Contemplating AZ Deer/ Havelina in Jan 2018 which is OTC.

I haven't got into the point game quite well yet. I will be buying a point in WY to start building there.

bowuntr

WKR
Arizona Spring bear, May
Utah book cliffs mule deer draw with 13 points, August
Arizona Coues Deer OTC, August
Alaska moose OTC, September
Nebraska Whitetail OTC, October
Kansas Whitetail easy draw, November
Arizona Mulie OTC, December if I have a tag

All archery... gonna be busy this year. Ed F

Uh I feel like a peaseant when I say

-close on my house next month in greybull wyoming
-ND bow
-Standing rock reservation gun

Next year I'll go crazy or try to with hunts getting settled into a house in wyoming and balancing other hobbies are gonna keep this year slow

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

OP
J

JustHunt

FNG
Wow, some of you guys have some really full hunt schedules this coming fall. Fun stuff. Kind of surprised more people haven't chimed in. Looks like it may be easier for us all to draw tags if so many guys are taking this fall off from hunting! ;)

Russp17

WKR
I have the following planned:
Dall sheep hunt to start the year (OTC)
Caribou hunt (Draw tag) with a bow
My dad is coming up for a 11 day moose hunt to close the year out (OTC)
May try to get out for a black bear hunt (OTC), but I may just chase some steelhead instead...

Should be a fun year!!!

bobhunts

WKR
With 15 pp's I doubt I will draw my Mule deer tag here in Colorado. Fingers are crossed. Building points for all species in Utah Colorado and Wyoming. In Colorado you never know but I might draw a moose or Goat tag. As always I take the time off work just in case. Looking at backup plans when I don't draw. Thinking of dumping 11 pp's for Pronghorn on a unit requiring only 5. Who knows?

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
My plans are to get away from it all and just spend time in some mountains hunting deer. No one else with me, just the animals and mountains.

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
SE Alberta near Hardisty w a buddy for a giant muley!

Last edited:

rodney482

WKR
Started out in New Mexico and punched my buck tag

Next up turkeys in Indiana

Then Bear in Qc

Sept im heading to Wy for Antelope and Elk

Back to Indiana for whitetail

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, I am a mule deer guy pure and simple. So..........that is what I/we will be pursuing one again here in Idaho.
The winter here has been bittersweet for me.............I drive a snowplow for the state and have accrued 8 weeks of comp time (oh yeah, bring on September and October) due to the heavy winter BUT the winter kill has been absolutely horrendous. So......not really sure what the high country will produce. Might be a really long and scenic backpacking trip.

Randy

mcr-85

WKR
2017 should be a good year. My mom drew the UT sportsmans mountain goat tag so I'll be spending quite a bit of time looking at goats. She is also is close to an elk tag, she might pull that tag this year as well. I also applied for deer on one of the better goat units so I hope I draw that. I imagine I'll get a spike elk tag as well. I have my 2nd little boy on the way so I won't venture out of state this year. Other than that, hopefully a little more coyote hunting than I got in last year and I think I'll trap for bobcats again. Buying points in Colorado for deer and Wyoming for deer and elk.

Im hoping for a great year! I'm a new(ish) hunter who just moved to Idaho so for now all plans are within a short drive from home to keep scouting simple and accessible.
Spring Bear: Near/around 39/43
Spring Turkey: Unknown area as of now
Salmon and Steelhead
Antelope: If I can draw
Mule Deer/Elk: Applying for controlled hunts for each, but will hunt OTC if I don't draw
Ive been on successful Elk hunts before but have taken my own big game animal and Im hoping this year is the year! But even if I don't get an animal down I'm so excited to get into the woods and explore!

Im hoping for a great year! I'm a new(ish) hunter who just moved to Idaho so for now all plans are within a short drive from home to keep scouting simple and accessible.
Spring Bear: Near/around 39/43
Spring Turkey: Unknown area as of now
Salmon and Steelhead
Antelope: If I can draw
Mule Deer/Elk: Applying for controlled hunts for each, but will hunt OTC if I don't draw
Ive been on successful Elk hunts before but have taken my own big game animal and Im hoping this year is the year! But even if I don't get an animal down I'm so excited to get into the woods and explore!

Do you have any good hunting partners? Bow or rifle. I'm in Nampa and always looking for folks to hunt with. I'd definitely be willing to help you take your first animal, spring bear hunting this year for me will be spot and stalk with a bow, or "guiding my buddies" as I like to call it. My freezer is pretty full so I don't wanna put a bunch more bear meat in it

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
New Mexico Elk(Archery, low probability)
If no New Mexico, I'll put in for Idaho and if I don't draw and OTC unit for Elk.
Montana Deer and Elk (OTC)
Possibly some WA Deer(Modern Firearm) and Elk(Archery)

Hunting hogs here at home in Florida. Idaho archery elk. Then back to the ranch in Nebraska for a muley from the home place.

I let the kids hunt here in Florida.

wyo_gasman

Lil-Rokslider
Wyoming Deer, elk, hopefully antelope and (fingers crossed) buffalo
Alaska deer, Ive got three tags staring at me.
Utah muzzle loader deer
Idaho whitetail, possibly.

FURMAN

WKR
Arizona late rifle elk, Colorado muzzleloader deer(should draw), Wyoming antelope(should draw), and I will be adding another tag late October. With any luck I'll be going to New Mexico deer and/or elk.